Betting

Ovis aries

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

My annual trip to Betfred's on Saturday ended up a complete failure at the National:

I had 2 of the favourites to win plus a middling horse each-way. My Missus had 1 favourite and 1 middling horse, both each-way.

Firstly forgot about the race and didn't remember until 6.30, then didn't win a bean on any of them. £18 gambled in total.

I don't think I'm cut out for this betting lark. See you next year.

Me neither, had another nightmare at the national. I convince myself every week that my coupons are dead certs and haven't had one up in about 4 months ha.

I don't even enjoy gambling, I look at it as more of a challenge to try and beat the bookies. Fair to say I've failed in spectacular fashion up to this point!

I had Ucello Conti EW in the national, top 5 and I think it finished 6th which is obvious lol. 

No good at gambling and try to keep away from it until Saturday when I do the usual 7 fold acca, only a tenner so no biggie for me and it entertains I suppose. 

• 1 month later...

Placed a 9 fold acca for the EUROs I reckon has decent chance:

France to beat Romania, Spain to beat Czech Republic, Switzerland to beat Albania, England to beat Russia, Croatia to beat Turkey, Portugal to beat Iceland, France to beat Albania, Switzerland to beat Romania, Portugal to beat Hungary.

£1.59 Stake to win £129.51

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

France to beat Romania, Spain to beat Czech Republic, Switzerland to beat Albania, England to beat Russia, Croatia to beat Turkey, Portugal to beat Iceland, France to beat Albania, Switzerland to beat Romania, Portugal to beat Hungary.

Looks pretty sound 

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Why £1.59?

As I posted in the euro 2016 thread:

Nolito from Spain is currently 33/1 with Paddy Power. Decent that because he is in very good form. Mario Gomez at 20/1 is decent too because you would expect Germany to make at least the semis and he has quality players providing him. Marc Janko from Austria as a true outsider could be a gem in this tournament and is currently 50/1 to be top scorer. Easy group for Austria so can see him racking up the goals. Going to have a flutter on all 3. Morata at 16/1 would also be a decent bet or even Mandzukic at 33/1. Generally hard to bet on these kind of tournaments because the golden boot winner usually comes from someone unexpected in contrast to the champions league where the winner is almost certainly to be amongst the likes of Ronaldo,Messi,Neymar,Suarez, Lewandowski etc.

The odds might have changed a little because I posted this a few days ago, although I don't think they would have changed too much.

9 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Why £1.59?

Was the amount I had in my account at the time of placing the bet

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Huh? 

I meant the odds 

that's where odds aren't like probability. If bookies played fair there would never be an odds on favourite. The chances of every possible outcome would total 1. If there was a 1 in three chance chance that Leicester were top 6 then it should be a 2 in three chance that they didn't. But they very seldom work like that.

Archived