Radio Derby signal.

ollycutts1982

Olly I live in Chessie too. Town centre. AM1116 is now best for driving around as the F104.5 now fades in and out. Can't get DAB and my son bought me a special aerial for my old stereo so I can listen to 104.5 in comfort and shout loud ! The only place I can get 104.5 on a normal aerial is in my kitchen and the quality is ok?? to dreadful.  Foggy today .......reception dire........

As far as local radio goes we are officially in the Sheffield area

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, toldu said:

Olly I live in Chessie too. Town centre. AM1116 is now best for driving around as the F104.5 now fades in and out. Can't get DAB and my son bought me a special aerial for my old stereo so I can listen to 104.5 in comfort and shout loud ! The only place I can get 104.5 on a normal aerial is in my kitchen and the quality is ok?? to dreadful.  Foggy today .......reception dire........

As far as local radio goes we are officially in the Sheffield area

I quite enjoy listening to RD when I out and about, work as a rep so that's alot but it has been bad recently. I have a ST so only ned the radio for the away games really. So frustrating though as previously it has been very good.

22 hours ago, Rampage said:

Radio Derby, get a bigger mast an dmore powerful transmitter,please.

If they could make it big enough to get the signal out here it would be much appreciated.

Seriously though, not long after moving out here I was going to listen to a cd but accidentally switched the radio on which was still tuned in to radio Derby. Couldn't believe it when I heard live coverage of forest vs Derby. It was very crackly but at a time when tinternet didn't really exist it was a godsend for me on that evening at least as it never worked again.

Olly it was so bad yesterday evening I managed to detach the aerial on the kitchen radio desperately trying to get a better reception whilst cooking a meal before it all started. Spent the game trying and failing to put it back on!  Fortunately my boosted old stereo received loud and clear.  My other problem is getting SkyGO ............ from my daughters box  ..............it was fine on IEX10 in W7 . Then they upped me to IEx11 which doesn't work in W7......... so I downloaded W10 and sometimes I get it / sometimes I don't. I tested it yesterday and Sod's law it seems to have disappeared both on IEX !! and Firefox.   Maybe it will be back by Friday???

Archived