Selection Headache?

Animal is a Ram

I don't think there is, not at the moment.

It's painfully simple, if a player plays well, they keep the shirt. If they don't then there's a player chomping at the bit to get in.

The Thorne situation was one I'm sure Clement has prepared for, given that Thorne has been on 4 yellow cards for some time now.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

I don't think there is, not at the moment.

It's painfully simple, if a player plays well, they keep the shirt. If they don't then there's a player chomping at the bit to get in.

The Thorne situation was one I'm sure Clement has prepared for, given that Thorne has been on 4 yellow cards for some time now.

okay, so, say we batter QPR 5-0, and the midfield is immense, do you leave Thorne out against Forest?

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

okay, so, say we batter QPR 5-0, and the midfield is immense, do you leave Thorne out against Forest?

what a great problem to have!  

I would leave him out because the game went so well but I think PC will pick the team that is likely to have the best impact against whichever side we are up against.  PC knows best

27 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Similar to what happened at mk dons surely? Bent came on and the game changed, it was obvious we weren't going to win with martin up front that game. But Martin still had the shirt next game, suggests some players are 'undroppable' no matter how well/badly they play. I see thorne as another, when he's fit, he has to be in the team.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Even if it means Baird in the starting XI??

If he plays well, then yes.

Thorne might learn a lesson about picking up daft bookings. As soon as he lost the ball I knew he was going to be booked, that challenge did not need to be made.

I'd say its his biggest weakness, petty yellows. There was one.. Middlesbrough at home? where he was booked for throwing the ball away.

28 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Similar to what happened at mk dons surely? Bent came on and the game changed, it was obvious we weren't going to win with martin up front that game. But Martin still had the shirt next game, suggests some players are 'undroppable' no matter how well/badly they play. I see thorne as another, when he's fit, he has to be in the team.

I think Shackell, Martin & Thorne would have to have a fairly lengthy period of crap matches before they're dropped.  This isn't bad thing mind, as all three are far and away the best players in their relevant positions and key components in how we play.  The rest of the squad will know this...

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

People starting to get cozy silly now. Never ever leave Thorne out EVER unless we must.

Why should he be immune?

If - in Mostyns situation - Baird has a stormer, he stays in. If he has a good game, he should stay in. If he has a poor game, then yes Thorne comes back in.

8 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Why should he be immune?

If - in Mostyns situation - Baird has a stormer, he stays in. If he has a good game, he should stay in. If he has a poor game, then yes Thorne comes back in.

Some are under the impression that PC is going to constantly rotate players based on who was good in the previous game and he's never said he's doing that at all. His hand has been forced by injury, he's occasionally played horses for courses especially at left back, and he's experimented early on to learn his best group - which is exactly what he should have done. He's played his hands perfectly, but once you find that settled winning team, you don't just start moving people in and out; he hasn't and he won't.

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Some are under the impression that PC is going to constantly rotate players based on who was good in the previous game and he's never said he's doing that at all. His hand has been forced by injury, he's occasionally played horses for courses especially at left back, and he's experimented early on to learn his best group - which is exactly what he should have done. He's played his hands perfectly, but once you find that settled winning team, you don't just start moving people in and out; he hasn't and he won't.

You've just contradicted yourself, and proved my point...

His hand has been forced - by suspension - to not play Thorne. If Baird comes in, and plays well, then Baird keeps the shirt. 

As has been his policy most of the season. See Butterfield vs. Hendrick.

4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Bent wasn't available for the game after MK Dons, he wasn't in the squad as he turned up late.

17 minutes ago, Idiakez said:

Bent wasn't available for the game after MK Dons, he wasn't in the squad as he turned up late.

Think bent could have turned up two hours early, made everyone a cuppa and cleaned the boots and he still probably wouldn't be ahead of Martin. Not a bad thing, just unfortunate for benty

Archived