Hey Baby 4D

TigerTedd

Hi guys, This may be classed as gratuitous self promotion, if so feel free to get rid, but...

I'm opening a 4D ultrasound scanning clinic in Derby in the Market Place. I've been incredibly hard for the past 4 or 5 months, invested far more money than I can afford, strained my marriage to breaking point, and now it all launches on Saturday.

I decided to set it up when my wife and I wanted to get a 4D scan of our son while she was pregnant a few months ago, but realised there were none in Derby, and we'd have to travel to Sheepshead. Well, now there is one in Derby.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. If you have any pregnant partners or family members, you can let them know that Derby now has this facility.

Gratuitous self-promotion over, let's make it tenuously relevant to the forum.  Apparently Derby County have a scanner similar to ours for scanning injuries.

Any thoughts on 4D scanning? Anyone had it done before, what did you think of the results?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

You could get together with daveo to offer forum members a super special deal, like with the tastecard thing

I could, and I'd be glad to @Daveo how can I formalise that? Maybe a discount if you come in your t-shirt.

I am thinking of giving freebies to the Derby players, actually. I've heard that's worked well in other parts of the country, get a few celebrity endorsements.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Was it you who was advertising on Pentagan Island earlier in the year?

No, but I'm hoping to get an advert on the hospital roundabout. I hear pregnant people hang out near the hospital. Although, they probably also hang out near car show rooms too, when they realise they have to upgrade the snazzy two seater to a people carrier with sticky floors, so I'll look into that.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Do you have to be a trained medical professional to open this kind of business @TigerTedd?

Not to open it, but you need to employ trained medical professionals to operate it and manage it, which I've done.

I've always said, to start a business, you need a holy trinity. Someone who knows how to deal with money, taxes and all that financial stuff, someone who can handle marketing and branding, and someone who can actually do the job and run it day to day. 

45 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Sounds like you've found a gap in the market

But that's only a good thing if there isn't a good reason why the gap is there in the first place, or if there is no market. I've kind of gone all in on this one though, so I really hope there is a market. 

I've done my research of course though, and it all looks pretty positive. But it's always fun to play about with figures in a spreadsheet (or is that just me?), when it all starts to get real, it gets a bit scary. 

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Not to open it, but you need to employ trained medical professionals to operate it and manage it, which I've done.

I've always said, to start a business, you need a holy trinity. Someone who knows how to deal with money, taxes and all that financial stuff, someone who can handle marketing and branding, and someone who can actually do the job and run it day to day. 

But that's only a good thing if there isn't a good reason why the gap is there in the first place, or if there is no market. I've kind of gone all in on this one though, so I really hope there is a market. 

I've done my research of course though, and it all looks pretty positive. But it's always fun to play about with figures in a spreadsheet (or is that just me?), when it all starts to get real, it gets a bit scary. 

Good luck @TigerTedd, hope it goes well!

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Good luck Tedd. Hope it goes well and justifies your emotional and financial investment. If the business struggles initially look on the bright side. You have the equipment to undertake a 360 degree review.

Good luck with it, Tiger Tedd. You've had the balls to get this up and running and deserve to reap the rewards.

Make sure you are in with the NCT lot. There will be a lot of middle class mummies to be who would be interested.

Also posting on mumsnet would be a good idea too.

Best of luck.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Good luck Tedd. Hope it goes well and justifies your emotional and financial investment. If the business struggles initially look on the bright side. You have the equipment to undertake a 360 degree review.

I was thinking, if it all went horribly wrong, I would have a really interesting machine in the corner of my living room to wheel out at parties. 

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I was thinking, if it all went horribly wrong, I would have a really interesting machine in the corner of my living room to wheel out at parties. 

You could start off with this 

images_k03_image2_gc_649.jpg

then finish up with this ..

sonogram-human-foetal-fetal-ultrasound-s

:D

Be a big Wow at parties ..

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Good luck with it, Tiger Tedd. You've had the balls to get this up and running and deserve to reap the rewards.

Make sure you are in with the NCT lot. There will be a lot of middle class mummies to be who would be interested.

Also posting on mumsnet would be a good idea too.

Best of luck.

Maybe offer an NHS worker discount, get the radiographers, midwifes etc talking about you !

Archived