Johnson

North_Stand_Ram

Just realised that we haven't even fell behind with him in the team, never mind lost. Heading towards POTS? 

He is quick to deflect the praise.

"It is a good stat to have but I knew it was just a matter of time before results turned for the lads," said Johnson.

"It is not just me, the lads have dug in and got the results. We are all digging in together, showing heart and commitment.

"It's a long season and we will have ups and downs but we are on a good run at the moment."

Johnson has become something of a talisman in the eyes of supporters.

"I always play with my heart on my sleeve, I have done at every club I've been at. I put my all in," he said.

"All fans ask for is that you give 100%. They want to see players working hard for the team - and that is the way I play.

"It is always good to come to a new club, settle in well and get good feedback from the fans. I will keep working my socks off in every game."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-play-heart-sleeve-Bradley-Johnson/story-28085021-detail/story.html#ixzz3q3sDXewG 
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounded like music to the ears of some U.S. national team fans when Leeds United midfielder Bradley Johnson stated in a recent interview with SkySports.com that he wanted to play for the United States. Unfortunately for Johnson and U.S. fans, he can't play for the USA any time soon.

Johnson (pictured, left) is not a U.S. citizen and is not close to becoming a U.S. citizen, and therefore is not close to becoming a U.S. national team player, a source with knowldge of Johnson's status told SBI on Wednesday.

Johnson was under the impression that he was eligible to play for the United States because he has an American grandfather, but at present that status will bring him no closer to gaining American citizenship. In Europe, having a grandparent of a certain descent would be enough to secure citizenship and a passport from a variety of countries (as American goalkeeper Dom Cervi did in securing an Italian passport to help him sign with Celtic).

So at present, Johnson is not eligible to play for the United States any time soon. That is, unless he pulled a David Regis and found an American to marry, but even then he would have to wait three years.

http://sbisoccer.com/2009/10/bradley-johnson-not-eligible-to-play-for-usa

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

It sounded like music to the ears of some U.S. national team fans when Leeds United midfielder Bradley Johnson stated in a recent interview with SkySports.com that he wanted to play for the United States. Unfortunately for Johnson and U.S. fans, he can't play for the USA any time soon.

Johnson (pictured, left) is not a U.S. citizen and is not close to becoming a U.S. citizen, and therefore is not close to becoming a U.S. national team player, a source with knowldge of Johnson's status told SBI on Wednesday.

Johnson was under the impression that he was eligible to play for the United States because he has an American grandfather, but at present that status will bring him no closer to gaining American citizenship. In Europe, having a grandparent of a certain descent would be enough to secure citizenship and a passport from a variety of countries (as American goalkeeper Dom Cervi did in securing an Italian passport to help him sign with Celtic).

So at present, Johnson is not eligible to play for the United States any time soon. That is, unless he pulled a David Regis and found an American to marry, but even then he would have to wait three years.

Bradley Johnson got called up for the USA on my Football Manager 16 save and Football Manager never lies! 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

If that was the case, most of us wouldn't be posting on here during the day

I could be arguing in my spare time.

(python)

10 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Do you want the 5 minute argument, or the full half hour?

Anyway, I upset McSilks, so I suppose if I complain I will just end up with 'Being hit on the head lessons', as usual.

1 hour ago, Walsall_Ram said:

Reading the Carson thread made me think..

Johnson has a real shout for a call up before the end of the season never mind the Euros!

Come off it! 

I like the guy, he's been good. But I am getting a bit sick of hearing about how he's turned our season around. He's been a big part of our good form but lets not tongue his bumhole too much just yet, he's only played 8 games for us.

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

So shackell could play for the united states?

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Come off it! 

I like the guy, he's been good. But I am getting a bit sick of hearing about how he's turned our season around. He's been a big part of our good form but lets not tongue his bumhole too much just yet, he's only played 8 games for us.

He's been a great addition. But I feel he's being over-credited a little. 

But, rather that than pulling new players to pieces. 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Come off it! 

I'm not going to tongue his bumhole until I've finished with George Thorne's bumhole, and after last weeks worldie I'm gonna be a while yet :wub:

Just now, Leon the ram 2009 said:

I'm not going to tongue his bumhole until I've finished with George Thorne's bumhole, and after last weeks worldie I'm gonna be a while yet :wub:

Maybe should have put this in the Luke Shaw thread :ermm:

He's a fantastic player at this level. Exactly what a side who wants to go up needs, steel in the middle with tons of experience and age on his side. That's not easy to find. Over 400 games at 28 and he's the perfect player.

Whether he's good enough for the PL is another matter. He was when Norwich finished 11th, yet this time round he's deemed not good enough.

It does compliment our season so far when there's 3 or 4 players who could easily win POTS award if it was awarded now.

Archived