Curtains

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Seems very costly .

Hope it works 

27 staff now and new buildings etc etc. 

It's not just the academy though. All the infrastructure will benefit the first team.

And the recruitment - Bradley Johnson took one look round Moor Farm and didn't want to go back. It's a massive pull for anyone coming into Derby County, from the seniors right down to the under 10s. When the head of Premier League coaching thinks it will be in the top 10 clubs in Europe - people tend to take notice of that kinda thing in football.

Just now, AnimalisaRam said:

It's not just the academy though. All the infrastructure will benefit the first team.

And the recruitment - Bradley Johnson took one look round Moor Farm and didn't want to go back. It's a massive pull for anyone coming into Derby County, from the seniors right down to the under 10s. When the head of Premier League coaching thinks it will be in the top 10 clubs in Europe - people tend to take notice of that kinda thing in football.

But Norwich got 6 million 

Just now, ramsbottom said:

Only time will tell.  If we end up rolling out a Hendrick, Hanson or Hughes every 2/3 years it pays for itself.  You only have to look at Southampton to see how concentrating on youth can reap dividends...

As you say time will tell but you have to have the raw material in the first place to work on and that's where the scouting comes in  .

I hope it works because failure is not an option   

Facilities for the 1st team squad will be better of course they will but it's at a financial cost. 

4 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

And so far, he's proved to be worth some of it. But how do the facilities have any relevance to the fee?

My point is he didn't want to go home which is of course a  tongue in cheek remark  but the fee had to be right at the Norwich end and the terms for Bradley himself I assume had to be acceptable to him. 

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

But Norwich got 6 million 

Why has that got anything to do with what he thought of our facilities? All it meant was that he was able to come around.

Footballers aren't slaves. Johnson could have said no and Norwich wouldn't have got £6mil. If we had a shed in a field with a bucket and sponge I'm pretty sure that may have affected Johnson's decision on whether he wanted to join or **** off back to Norwich.

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

As you say time will tell but you have to have the raw material in the first place to work on and that's where the scouting comes in  .

I hope it works because failure is not an option   

Facilities for the 1st team squad will be better of course they will but it's at a financial cost. 

Southampton are in a quite unique position due to their location.  If your a young player living on the south coast and you have the pick of Saints, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Plymouth or Brighton, realistically which one will you go for???  

I guess we're investing because with Stoke/Villa/West Brom/Leicester all within an hours drive, we have a lot more competition in our neck of the woods.  I've also noticed that when I hear a mate's, or a mate's mate's lad has been snapped up it's usually by Forest...

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Southampton are in a quite unique position due to their location.  If your a young player living on the south coast and you have the pick of Saints, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Plymouth or Brighton, realistically which one will you go for???  

I guess we're investing because with Stoke/Villa/West Brom/Leicester all within an hours drive, we have a lot more competition in our neck of the woods.  I've also noticed that when I hear a mate's, or a mate's mate has been snapped up it's usually by Forest...

Footballers in general can be coached to a better level. 

Take Wayne Rooney for example he had the raw talent which is what you need in the first place. 

To get the best players to the academy you have to search for the best but the trouble is as Darren Wassall said last night we are competing with the likes of Wolves ,Forest ,Brum, Leicester Aston Villa etc etc within a certain radius. 

The academy facilities of course can help to bring the best in but you have to beat the other clubs to them first. 

Time will tell and I have no way of knowing how good we will be as a club in this venture but I hope we are successfull.

I ask this question though how many players make it through academies and stay at the same club. 

6 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I guess we're investing because with Stoke/Villa/West Brom/Leicester all within an hours drive, we have a lot more competition in our neck of the woods.  I've also noticed that when I hear a mate's, or a mate's mate's lad has been snapped up it's usually by Forest...

Both of these points were made at the forum last night. 

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Oh, no reply from curtains after he makes a pretty stupid argument. Never mind hey

What you talking about .

Ive made several replies. 

The academy is vital to DCFC and I hope it works out fruitfully for the club. 

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Do some people wake up in the morning and write a list of things to be negative about in life or is it just a wind up for the forum?

No it's all about discussion. 

Mel is striving for excellence. To attract excellent staff you need to offer an excellent package. We are building now for the premier league. Moor Farm upon completion they were saying will be in the top six in EUROPE regarding facilities. We want to attract the best we need to show we are the real deal. This is a stunning time for DCFC.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

What you talking about .

Ive made several replies. 

The academy is vital to DCFC and I hope it works out fruitfully for the club.

Whenever someone mentions something positive you have a comeback with something to dampen the positivity. A poster praises our facilities and says how it made a PL footballer instantly want to join. You immediately reply with the fact Norwich got £6mil (still not sure how it's relevant)

Do you know how transfers work? If we have better facilities we'll naturally have better players wanting to come here & better young players wanting to develop here. Struggle to see how this is anything but positive for the club but I'm sure you'll find a way of turning it negative

Archived