Is that it for International Breaks now?

drgoodspeak

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand the qualifiers international breaks, not the friendly ones like November. Can't imagine clubs being too happy either, when you just start building up momentum a 2 week break comes along .

But for those knocking the countries England play they have Spain, France and Germany up next, if we get smashed it will prove how **** we are but if we win friendlies don't count. 

They're boring. Just stop international football. Daft anyway if Januzaj could have played for England and Chris Martin is Scottish. 

I'm about as German as half their world cup winners. 

I can tell you what happen at Euro 2016 anyway. People expect England to get knocked out before the semi. Then are furious when England are knocked out before the semi. Then blame the best players rather than the crap ones. 

Newspapers show players out drinking after losing to Italy and everyone gets angry because none of them have jumped off a bridge. England "flops" return home. Then a teenager from Southampton scores a bicycle kick against Chelsea and Harry Kane is forgotten and is free to carry on being not quite as good as Defoe or Crouch were while the young saints legend is a £60m target of Man City and Real Madrid.

I can understand the qualifiers international breaks, not the friendly ones like November. Can't imagine clubs being too happy either, when you just start building up momentum a 2 week break comes along .

But for those knocking the countries England play they have Spain, France and Germany up next, if we get smashed it will prove how **** we are but if we win friendlies don't count. 

Thought the break was put in place in case teams are involved in the play offs?

Anyhow's, international football should always be put before club, no debate for me.

They're boring. Just stop international football. Daft anyway if Januzaj could have played for England and Chris Martin is Scottish. 

I'm about as German as half their world cup winners. 

I can tell you what happen at Euro 2016 anyway. People expect England to get knocked out before the semi. Then are furious when England are knocked out before the semi. Then blame the best players rather than the crap ones. 

Newspapers show players out drinking after losing to Italy and everyone gets angry because none of them have jumped off a bridge. England "flops" return home. Then a teenager from Southampton scores a bicycle kick against Chelsea and Harry Kane is forgotten and is free to carry on being not quite as good as Defoe or Crouch were while the young saints legend is a £60m target of Man City and Real Madrid.

Haha...."Harry Kane not quite as good as Defoe or Crouch".....he's not even as good as Theo or Conor.....

Haha...."Harry Kane not quite as good as Defoe or Crouch".....he's not even as good as Theo or Conor.....

If Januzaj cannot get a game in the Premiership then a lot of apparently excellent prospects will not either. So Derby need to get some on loan with a view to buy them.

when are the euro play offs. Isn't there a break for those. We need that for our Irish and honorary Irish players.

It's been the worst season yet for stop/start football. It's half way through October and I feel like the seasons still revving up. Not helped by internationals, the shifting of games about to Sunday's and Friday's and back to back away games. 

Archived