The Goalkeepers Position

The_Sheriff

Is this up for grabs after yesterday?

Carson made himself big and saved us a few goals but my word is he slow. There were two incidences where he ran out to get the ball but came 2nd and it was like seeing your dad run- one of them ended up in a good penalty shout where Carson did shove the guy! I felt he could of done better for their goal too, he was a bit slow to get down and also he nearly punched it in his own net near the end.

Don't get me wrong he knows how to make our goal small but he seems to lack speed not only in his legs but his reactions and he does lack agility.

For me Lee Grant should be in goal. Fair shout?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shout drop the MoM and the only reason we took 3 points in the first place.

didn't we score 3 goals.. that might have something to do with taking 3 points. I did say he saved us a few goals but that's more the ball hitting him rather then him doing full stretch diving saves.

Don't forget Grant had a good game at preston then was dropped.

Can't drop players over what could have beens, what he did do was stop a few going in. 

Both keepers have their weaknesses, whilst we're winning games and not conceding many I see no reason to swap keepers.

So Grant will probably start the next game.

Can anyone answer the concerns i have mentioned though? All the replies are 'he made saves' none have said anything about the penalty shout and the other time he came 'rushing' out and had to run back. Wiemanns clearence saved us a last minute carson blunder and i think he should be saving their goal. 

Can anyone answer the concerns i have mentioned though? All the replies are 'he made saves' none have said anything about the penalty shout and the other time he came 'rushing' out and had to run back. Wiemanns clearence saved us a last minute carson blunder and i think he should be saving their goal. 

Wasn't a penalty

Rare misjudgement, give you that one.

Fouled.

Someone make this a poll. Considering Clement seems to prefer Carson, I'm certain Grant won't start the next game. If Grant starts against Brentford, I'll circumcise @one_chop with a butter knife

Wasn't a penalty

Rare misjudgement, give you that one.

Fouled.

Someone make this a poll. Considering Clement seems to prefer Carson, I'm certain Grant won't start the next game. If Grant starts against Brentford, I'll circumcise @one_chop with a butter knife

lets hold you to that! :lol: 

Yeah i am clearly on my own with this one so no need to have a poll! So on that note i will try enjoy my sunday with my tail between my legs! 

laters Rams

Archived