UK Holiday Recommendations

Day

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd suggest a 5 day driving tour of the UK, following this itinerary - 

Monday, Scotland - After an early drive, arrive at the Black Bush for breakfast pies and a singalong with Inverurie Ram. Later on, make your way down to the Scottish Valleys to visit the shrine of Bryson, remembering to show due respect by calling all other players crap.

Tuesday, Liverpool - Following a leisurely drive through Cumbria, enjoy the afternoon at your leisure in this city of Culture, making sure you leave time for the No.1 attraction, the national Hubcap Museum.

Weds, Stoke - After a short delay while you hire a replacement car, leave Liverpool behind and aim for the delights of the potteries. Avoid the sky high hotel rates in central Stoke by stopping in its less glamorous suburb, Uttoxeter. Here you will find your appointed tour guide the fountain of all knowledge Stoke wise, but please be aware the chase back from the Wedgwood visitor centre to the train station requires a certain level of fitness.

Thurs, Brighton - While the missus takes the dog for a run on the beach, allow yourself plenty of time to see the delights of I-Ram towers.

Gasp at the worn out Velour recliner, delight at tales spun of gruelling away trips to the fridge and back, and run at the first sight of Vaseline.

Fri, Derby

Saving the best till last, experience the I-Pro as only a captain and leader can. 

After a quick tour of the Subway and Starbucks back office, change into your kit for a once in a lifetime opportunity to perform a lap of honour round the pitch, while your members boo loudly and shout things like "The editors *****" and  "I preferred the old site". 

A fitting way to end the perfect week, and it could be yours for nothing but free members+ subs!

This one's nice:

http://www.darwinforest.co.uk/

Good cabins & facilities. In the Peak District with all the good stuff there but close to Matlock & Chesterfield too.

We have a winner. 

Although it's the sister site in Ashbourne, bordering peak district. Missus loved it and quite a bit cheaper than elsewhere, £505 for the week with a hot tub. If Sky Sports dare mess around with the Birmingham game I will swing for Murdoch. Arrive on the Friday and play Birmingham on the Saturday....perfect!

Screen_Shot_2015-09-24_at_22.54.03.thumb

From M1 North: Leave M1 at junction 28, taking A38 towards Derby. Branch off onto A610 (signposted Matlock) and take this road to Ambergate. At junction with A6 turn left (signposted Derby). In Belper take A517 (signposted Ashbourne). In Ashbourne follow signs for A515 towards Buxton. Sandybrook Country Park is one mile out of town on the right hand side, just past the turn on the left towards Thorpe and Dovedale.

You can pick Boycie up on the way and post pics of you both in the hot tub.

Best beach for dogs is Holkham Beach in Norfolk, stop at Wells nest the sea or...

Bamburgh Beach in Northumberland, stop in Berwick or Seahouses or Craster. 

Plenty to do in both places.

If you don't want to go that far, try the Whitby area, Robin Hoods Bay, Runswick Bay...top places.

Sage, I spent a weekend in Whitby in February some years ago.

It. Is. Hell. On. Earth.

The rain came in horizontal and froze on contact. 

You should apologise for that suggestion.

Sage, I spent a weekend in Whitby in February some years ago.

It. Is. Hell. On. Earth.

The rain came in horizontal and froze on contact. 

You should apologise for that suggestion.

I should apologise for the weather in February some years ago?

We have a winner. 

Although it's the sister site in Ashbourne, bordering peak district. Missus loved it and quite a bit cheaper than elsewhere, £505 for the week with a hot tub. If Sky Sports dare mess around with the Birmingham game I will swing for Murdoch. Arrive on the Friday and play Birmingham on the Saturday....perfect!

we could all pop along to join you!

Archived