Pro Evolution Soccer 2016

Srg

Don't want to start the hype train...

However, having played 2015 it was quite promising. I haven't played this demo but the reviews are coming in as it's out Friday (I think), and they're absolutely sensational.

Gamespot 9/10 - http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/pes-2016-review/1900-6416240/

"Yet there's little worth in assessing soccer sims by the weight of their game modes, or indeed, the breadth of their official licences. All that truly matters is what unfolds in those virtual ninety minutes, either against a friend, an online stranger, or the computer. On that test alone, PES 2016 represents the best game in the series since the PlayStation 2 era."

GamesRadar 4.5/5 - http://www.gamesradar.com/pes-2016-review/

"A few minor issues aside, once again, Konami has delivered when it comes to the gameplay. Not only is PES 2016 a high point for the series, it’s the best football game I’ve ever played.A few minor issues aside, once again, Konami has delivered when it comes to the gameplay. Not only is PES 2016 a high point for the series, it’s the best football game I’ve ever played."

Godisageek 10/10 - http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/pes-2016-review/

"But when your biggest complaints are related to the crowd, refs, and commentary, you know you’ve a special game on your hands. Sure, it doesn’t have all the licenses, but on the pitch, where it actually matters, PES 2016 is phenomenal. You’ll have a day off from playing it and forget, but then return and remember how truly special it feels to just play football. It’s the best football game I’ve played in as long as I can remember (and I’ve just about played them all), and an utterly essential purchase. PES 2016 is the best there is, and the best there’s been in a very long time. How crazy it is to think that Konami has made the two best games of 2015."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, usually says it's improving blah blah... but think this is the one. FIFA hasn't changed in 5 years, it's about time something challenged them again.

Shame the Option File has only been unlocked for Playstation to get the kits etc via download, but end of the day, most player names are correct anyway and it only takes a second to change team names on Xbox... it's all superficial, if the game play is good and it's stable online then I'm all over it.

PES 2015

Gamespot 8/10

GamesRadar 4.5/5

Godisageek 9/10

High ratings for a game that never got close to competing with FIFA again last year. 

It might be the best football game ever made if you can get past the Cleethorpes arcade looking menu system but it fails each year as the online modes just can't compete with FIFA's offerings.

Ultimate Team is huge, PES need to get their heads together and think of something better. More realistic movements, passing etc. all sounds great but if people are not playing what's the point

PES 2015

Gamespot 8/10

GamesRadar 4.5/5

Godisageek 9/10

High ratings for a game that never got close to competing with FIFA again last year. 

It might be the best football game ever made if you can get past the Cleethorpes arcade looking menu system but it fails each year as the online modes just can't compete with FIFA's offerings.

Ultimate Team is huge, PES need to get their heads together and think of something better. More realistic movements, passing etc. all sounds great but if people are not playing what's the point

They did come up with MyClub, but you're right, it's not as good as Ultimate Team.

But I would argue it did come close to competing with FIFA last year. I owned both, and PES did play better, just wasn't there with functionality.

I have played the demo, it is good, just feels as though something is missing, don't know what, but it is there. Also the tackling isn't great, seem to have to have 3 players around the man with ball to get it off the computer but you get tackled from 5 yards away. And the same crap free kicks given away (not quite as much as previously), running with the ball knock it past them they get in your way, free kick to them!?! What is that all about? 

To be honest, having ended up playing mostly PES last year, particularly as FIFA 15 was awful, and having now tried the demo for PES 2016... I've actually got to say I agree with the reviews. The game is amazing to play. I'd suggest at least trying the demo. 

As for the fails video, I've not actually seen anything like that in many hours of play with the demo. Most of those weren't even "fails" as such, with two actually just being someone using the dive command, first with Dante, then Neuer. One was just them telling their keeper to not go for the ball on a backpass. One of those I'm not even sure was PES 2016. 

Anyhow, it's actually interesting to compare the glitches from PES 2016 and FIFA 16 so far. There's the odd clipping error (I've only seen one so far), but apart from that their new collision system works brilliantly, better than EA's impact engine oddly enough. 

Anyhow, for an even and fair discussion:

Been over this a thousand times, PES could be actual football in your living room for all I care, but I'll never buy it.

The juxtaposition between the slick menus and graphics the complete mess of the actual game-play on FIFA is beautiful.

PES is a better game, I'm sure, but it's almost too good. It's like playing on a simulator rather than a game. It's boring. It's way easier to just have a laugh on FIFA.

PES 5

To be honest, having ended up playing mostly PES last year, particularly as FIFA 15 was awful, and having now tried the demo for PES 2016... I've actually got to say I agree with the reviews. The game is amazing to play. I'd suggest at least trying the demo. 

As for the fails video, I've not actually seen anything like that in many hours of play with the demo. Most of those weren't even "fails" as such, with two actually just being someone using the dive command, first with Dante, then Neuer. One was just them telling their keeper to not go for the ball on a backpass. One of those I'm not even sure was PES 2016. 

Anyhow, it's actually interesting to compare the glitches from PES 2016 and FIFA 16 so far. There's the odd clipping error (I've only seen one so far), but apart from that their new collision system works brilliantly, better than EA's impact engine oddly enough. 

Anyhow, for an even and fair discussion:

Those women goalies looked pretty realistic to me...

Always been a PES man, way back to the ISS days. Played a few versions of FIFA when PES got dire in the early Xbox 360 era but can't say I ever felt like FIFA was a good game, just that those Pro Evo's were crap.  Always seemed to cater too much to kids and part timers to me and for a game with seemingly so much depth on the surface of it, it's always felt superficial and empty. Doesn't give you the feeling like PES does when you score. 

Licensing is a non-issue as it can be patched within hours of getting the game by downloading a decent Option File.

Anyway, I always feel like people on both sides will never admit to liking certain things about the other game or admit when one is good and the other isn't.

For me, PES 15 whilst decent, wasn't as good as PES 13 yet the former won numerous sports game of the year prizes and critical acclaim, whilst the other was labelled as "PES continues in FIFA's shadow.

I liked FIFA 14 and I think FIFA 08, but give me PES 4, 5 and 6 any day. 

Having played the demo of 16 a fair bit it's promising but not sure it's worthy of all the hype - doesn't seem all that different to 15 and the keepers are now FIFA-level shocking. Hopefully the final version is a bit more polished.

Can't wait for the pre-order to come though.

Is Conor Sammon in it? Or is Conroy Gammon in it?

Sheffield United aren't in the game in any form. 

All English clubs have real players, even clubs with fake names and badges. They have the Premier League and Championship in game as generic leagues. I do find it funny how many people would criticise the licencing situation with PES without having any clue what it is. 

Sheffield United aren't in the game in any form. 

All English clubs have real players, even clubs with fake names and badges. They have the Premier League and Championship in game as generic leagues. I do find it funny how many people would criticise the licencing situation with PES without having any clue what it is. 

******* hell lighten up. Did ISS Pro not have a player called David Backham or whatever it was? Are people allowed to make jokes about it? Is that ok?

******* hell lighten up. Did ISS Pro not have a player called David Backham or whatever it was? Are people allowed to make jokes about it? Is that ok?

The point of a joke is to be funny. You just sounded like you didn't know what you were talking about. 

Comes across as a bit FIFA fanboy-ish, that's all.

As far as fake player names, you only see it on a few of the international teams - the rest are all correct. Team names are correct across most leagues, just the Prem, Championship, Serie B and for some reason Sassuolo haven't.

The point of a joke is to be funny. You just sounded like you didn't know what you were talking about. 

I tell you what I'll do you a deal, I'll carry on making unfunny jokes, and you carry on not laughing at them. Or we can have an argument. You like arguments don't you?

I thought it sounded like a joke at the expense of the licensing (or lack of it) long associated with Pro Evo combined with a joke about the 'Conor Sammom is on FIFA' thread.  But what do I know?

Comes across as a bit FIFA fanboy-ish, that's all.

As far as fake player names, you only see it on a few of the international teams - the rest are all correct. Team names are correct across most leagues, just the Prem, Championship, Serie B and for some reason Sassuolo haven't.

More or less fan boyish than "Mwaaaa! Pro Evo has real names now so your joke is invalid. 1-0 to me!"

Archived