Pro Evolution Soccer 2016

Srg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, because as I've said before, I have bought both. I have made points on both sides.

I also am non- partisan on this issue. I can make jokes about the FIFA's collisions just as I can Pro Evos licensing.

It'd be nice to be able to do so without people jumping down my throat. I don't particularly want to have an argument about a computer game.

I also am non- partisan on this issue. I can make jokes about the FIFA's collisions just as I can Pro Evos licensing.

It'd be nice to be able to do so without people jumping down my throat. I don't particularly want to have an argument about a computer game.

Which again, would be greatly helped if your jokes were either funny or made sense. 

Any chance we can take the conversation back to the merits of the gameplay and features, rather than this licence is better than this licence? Don't remember football manager being buried for not having Premiership badges or the real names of the Dutch national team.

Any chance we can take the conversation back to the merits of the gameplay and features, rather than this licence is better than this licence? Don't remember football manager being buried for not having Premiership badges or the real names of the Dutch national team.

I wish PES was as easy to edit as Football Manager. By the time I fire up the new football manager each year all of that is already fixed. 

I don't know, it seems that like what happened around 2008-10, this time PES is the one that actually plays better again. Ultimate team has had some awful consequences for FIFAs gameplay from my experience, and the game balance has been off for a few years. That said, it'll be interesting to see how the full game plays for both this year, as both demos have been good. 

Wouldnt have thought how funny anyone does or does not find it is relevant. The history of Pro Evo's lack of licensing means it does make sense. Jokes can be made about it. Sorry if that irks you. 

I don't know, maybe it's that they've had the English player names lincenced since I first played the series (which at this point is something of the order or 15ish years). It just didn't look or read like a joke to me, more a poke at the game which didn't actually make sense. 

I wish PES was as easy to edit as Football Manager. By the time I fire up the new football manager each year all of that is already fixed.

The lack of decent editing tools on the consoles is a big issue for me regarding the PES series. I never minded not having the official licenses because I actually quite enjoyed editing team kits, badges and sponsor logos back in PES 4/5/6. In the later versions of the game that I have tried the kit editor is a joke and I don't think it's even possible to design your own logos anymore.

I wish PES was as easy to edit as I don't know, maybe it's that they've had the English player names lincenced since I first played the series (which at this point is something of the order or 15ish years). It just didn't look or read like a joke to me, more a poke at the game which didn't actually make sense. 

And yet somehow, miraculously, despite it not making any sense to you, you nevertheless understood it to be a joke about licensing.

The lack of decent editing tools on the consoles is a big issue for me regarding the PES series. I never minded not having the official licenses because I actually quite enjoyed editing team kits, badges and sponsor logos back in PES 4/5/6. In the later versions of the game that I have tried the kit editor is a joke and I don't think it's even possible to design your own logos anymore.

You import images on the PS4 version this year, but you have to edit them on another platform and use a USB to put them in game. 

And yet somehow, miraculously, despite it not making any sense to you, you nevertheless understood it to be a joke about licensing.

"The yellow potato is an onion"

That is a sentence that I can understand, but it does not make sense. Your "joke" was much the same. I got the point you were going for, but it didn't make sense as a joke. I'd suggest actually reading what I've written in the future. 

"The yellow potato is an onion"

That is a sentence that I can understand, but it does not make sense. Your "joke" was much the same. I got the point you were going for, but it didn't make sense as a joke. I'd suggest actually reading what I've written in the future. 

Using your onion/analogy, there could be a historical relation between potatoes being called onions. I could make a joke about it. You could get the joke. And then presumably tell me the joke doesn't make sense, despite incorporating your knowledge of the history of the situation into your understanding of the joke. 

And I'm the fanboy apparently. 

Using your onion/analogy, there could be a historical relation between potatoes being called onions. I could make a joke about it. You could get the joke. And then presumably tell me the joke doesn't make sense, despite incorporating your knowledge of the history of the situation into your understanding of the joke. 

And I'm the fanboy apparently. 

Did I call you a fanboy? Being a fanboy of a series is silly way to go about it, as there will always be times where one series is producing better games than the other. 

Again, I just thought you were having a dig at the game, rather than good a good humoured joke, as it didn't make sense as a joke. It's just the impression I got from it. 

Anyhow, tried the full game today. As there's been a right mess with the release in Australia (console versions are actually coming later than FIFA) I tried the PC version. Absolutely hated it. Felt like there was some systematic lag in it, look awful in comparison to the console version despite best graphics settings. Had low res textures, the commentary was awful. It didn't even have the up to date rosters. Needless to say, I now understand how steam refunds work. I'll get FIFA next week and reevaluate whether it's worth getting the console version or not. 

I wouldn't judge PC the same, by all accounts it's a completely different game using a different engine.

It's the same engine, the gameplay is about the same as the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions with a few extra bells awkwardly tacked on. It just seems so half sausaged. 

I was very disappointed though, particularly after the demo. I won't hold that against the PS4 version though. The concern there is they keep pushing that back in Australia for whatever reason. 

Did I call you a fanboy? Being a fanboy of a series is silly way to go about it, as there will always be times where one series is producing better games than the other. 

Again, I just thought you were having a dig at the game, rather than good a good humoured joke, as it didn't make sense as a joke. It's just the impression I got from it. 

I never said you did call me a fanboy. But somebody said I seemed fanboyish, which I think is a bit ironic considering you're jumping to the defence of a game against non-existent accusations. 

It's the same engine, the gameplay is about the same as the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions with a few extra bells awkwardly tacked on. It just seems so half sausaged. 

I was very disappointed though, particularly after the demo. I won't hold that against the PS4 version though. The concern there is they keep pushing that back in Australia for whatever reason. 

Yeah, but those versions again are nothing like the next gen ones. Not really an excuse for PC gamers, but if you have a PS4/Xbox One it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Archived