Wayne Rooney

Day

As in forwards and attacking midfielders?

Bale, Neymar,Robben,Benzema,Lewandowski,Suarez, Aguero,James Rodriguez, Silva,Hazard,Sanchez,Muller, Ibrahimovic, Tevez, Reus, Di Maria. Iniesta,Modric,Kroos,Rakitic. That's all I can think of at the minute

so basically who Adidas and Pepsi tell you then?

Modric was not world class before going to Real Madrid, similarly you'd have probably mentioned Mesut Ozil before he left Real Madrid.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen RLACML and DEL in a room at the same time LOL #JustSaying

Hi there could you please don't mention that poster in post, No need for it. Many thanks DEL :) 

Agree with all of those but I'm shocked you're willing to call those highlighted world class but not Rooney

Agree. Rooney belongs in there. 

At one time he'd have been one of best in such a list. As of right this minute he's probably slipping down it. But he wouldn't look out of place rubbing shoulders with any of them. 

Agree with all of those but I'm shocked you're willing to call those highlighted world class but not Rooney

I've already discussed Benzema

I'd take Sanchez every day of the week ahead of Rooney and I imagine every sane person would, in fact I saw a group of man utd fans just the other week and they said they'd snap your hands of for sanchez

Tevez nearly scored 30 goals for juve last season and was key in them nearly winning the treble

Reus is such a talent, it's such a shame that he is injury prone, when he is fit he is amazing. He has already scored 8 this season. I watched him single handedly destroy real madrid the season before last and even ancelotti admitted that it was the reus show. Here are highlights to that particular match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQg7Ruf1aoU

Di Maria was key in real madrid winning la decima and was the motm in the champions league final. Yes he was poor for man utd but that was more to do with van gaal's silly hoof ball tactics

Don't get me started on modric. The guys a genius. The best mid in the world and the fact that you're questioning him gives me the impression you haven't watched him play the last few years

Barca sold fabregas, one of the best midfielders in the prem last season, and replaced him with a better , energetic midfielder. Ask any barca fan, I dare you and ask them if they would have won the treble without him, I bet my left nipple that the answer would be a resounding no.

I'm basing the quality of a player over the last few years. Rooney's form over the last few years hasn't been good enough to be regarded as world class

so basically who Adidas and Pepsi tell you then?

Modric was not world class before going to Real Madrid, similarly you'd have probably mentioned Mesut Ozil before he left Real Madrid.

Just because he wasn't world class before, doesn't mean he is not world class now. Imo he is the best mid in the world, a joy to watch and has improved a lot at madrid

I'd take Sanchez every day of the week ahead of Rooney and I imagine every sane person would, in fact I saw a group of man utd fans just the other week and they said they'd snap your hands of for sanchez

Tevez nearly scored 30 goals for juve last season and was key in them nearly winning the treble

Reus is such a talent, it's such a shame that he is injury prone, when he is fit he is amazing. He has already scored 8 this season. I watched him single handedly destroy real madrid the season before last and even ancelotti admitted that it was the reus show. Here are highlights to that particular match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQg7Ruf1aoU

Di Maria was key in real madrid winning la decima and was the motm in the champions league final. Yes he was poor for man utd but that was more to do with van gaal's silly hoof ball tactics

Don't get me started on modric. The guys a genius. The best mid in the world and the fact that you're questioning him gives me the impression you haven't watched him play the last few years

Barca sold fabregas, one of the best midfielders in the prem last season, and replaced him with a better , energetic midfielder. Ask any barca fan, I dare you and ask them if they would have won the treble without him, I bet my left nipple that the answer would be a resounding no.

I'm basing the quality of a player over the last few years. Rooney's form over the last few years hasn't been good enough to be regarded as world class

Sanchez .

How many for Arsenal this season then. 

Would you not consider Rooney in that list? I'd probably agree with you 100%, but I suppose our differing opinions on Rooney mean that I'd have him in there and you wouldn't :)

3 to 4 years ago, yes but not at the moment. If he goes on to score 20+ this season then I may change my mind

so you blame Van Gaal for Di Maria being shyte, but Rooney is no longer world class due to himself?! 

Modric was rubbish in the Prem, as Ozil is right now. You didn't even put Fabregas in your list, nor Toure.

Was much better than rooney last season and I'd take him every day of the week

You must be joking .

Rooney has so much in his game and can play in the hole as he did last night passing to Shaw so he could set up Kane for his goal. 

Rooney will play in the hole much more IMO from now on. 

Sanchez is a good player and has done well at Arsenal and with Mexico but they are different types of player.  

You must be joking .

Rooney has so much in his game and can play in the hole as he did last night passing to Shaw so he could set up Kane for his goal. 

Rooney will play in the hole much more IMO from now on. 

Sanchez is a good player and has done well at Arsenal and with Mexico but they are different types of player.  

He's Chilean Curtains.

Archived