Prawns

Day

Anyone else find them pretty pointless, you have to eat tons of them to fill you up, quite expensive and in the seafood world they are not the greatest tasting either. 

I guess they keep people in employment having to crack the shells but I still find them pretty pointless.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Handy for the pretence you've got a girlfriend

Juggle a few about,hey presto

I often wondered - if a magician's name was Basil, would he say "Hey Pesto"?

Crab is lovely, prawns were doing well until prawn cocktail on jacket potatoes decided I'd like to empty it and the rest of my stomach into the toilet at 2am the other week. I now don't trust them, nor their other various shellfish friends.

Might as well suck a knobend as eat prawns.

You sound just like my step dad. He said I had to try it, so I've done that a few times now, but I'm not sure you're both right. He keeps telling me it's an acquired taste and I've got to keep going, especially when I love prawns so much. It's getting better, but that sauce which comes with it is no marie rose...

What is the matter with a large number of you.  Fresh prawns in a pan, bit of garlic, butter, tomato purée, sliced chilli, sizzle sizzle, splash of white wine at end, sizzle sizzle, serve with some nice green salad and a couple of bits of pitta. Drink remainder of wine. Sounds perfect to me.

But you uncouth lot, just keeping eating them plain or with Marie Rose sauce on them. And they peel them with their little knives, ha ha ha, and they smash them all to pieces, ha ha ha. They are truly very primitive persons.

Archived