Financial Fair Play and us

Bwash_Ram

Anyone out there able to work out how much more we can pay out this season in transfers and wages

before we fall foul of the regulations?

With rumoured multi-million pound offers for midfielders and attackers being mentioned, not to mention allegedly offering Antonio 30k a week , how far close to the wind are we sailing?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone out there able to work out how much more we can pay out this season in transfers and wages

before we fall foul of the regulations?

With rumoured multi-million pound offers for midfielders and attackers being mentioned, not to mention allegedly offering Antonio 30k a week , how far close to the wind are we sailing?

I guess that less of a monkeys is being given, on the back of the "harsh" punishment being doled out to QPR ie nothing

I've took last seasons squads contracts and existing sponsorship deals, added on Weimann, Ince, Shackell Bent, Pearce, Baird, Carson's transfer fees, signing on fees, contracts, bonuses, agent fees.

Also added the total season ticket sales revenue, plus ticket sales so far received and ticket sales for the rest of the season including a FA Cup run which takes us to the Quarter Finals v Chelsea.  I've also added in the new deal with 3AAA for our training kit sponsor and that orange one on the back of the shirt and all merchandise sales received so far and for the rest of the season.

I may be a few pounds out here but we're looking around the undisclosed kind of figure, which should be enough to see us sign Butterfield, Reed and Antonio without falling foul of FFP.

Oh and that's without adding on our bonus for winning the Championship.

I've took last seasons squads contracts and existing sponsorship deals, added on Weimann, Ince, Shackell Bent, Pearce, Baird, Carson's transfer fees, signing on fees, contracts, bonuses, agent fees.

Also added the total season ticket sales revenue, plus ticket sales so far received and ticket sales for the rest of the season including a FA Cup run which takes us to the Quarter Finals v Chelsea.  I've also added in the new deal with 3AAA for our training kit sponsor and that orange one on the back of the shirt and all merchandise sales received so far and for the rest of the season.

I may be a few pounds out here but we're looking around the undisclosed kind of figure, which should be enough to see us sign Butterfield, Reed and Antonio without falling foul of FFP.

Oh and that's without adding on our bonus for winning the Championship.

What about that 250,000 semolias that we won

he'll be fine, one quick snip and he will be firing blanks in no time...

He wasn't happy in his latter few weeks posting about a month back. He occasionally posted a grumble about being in pain, which means (in my mind), he's have been in real pain if he's mentioning it in posts.

This forum can be so anonymous, we would probably never know if something bad happened.

Somebody from the Club management assured us that FFP was no problem because transfer fees were being paid on the drip to keep us within permitted limits.  The accountants and hierarchy know what they are about......and I guess creative accounting is widespread amongst clubs.

My understanding of the new financial fair play rules is that you are allowed £39m of aggregated losses over the next 3 years. This is quite a lot more lenient than the old rules which were a cap of £7m losses in any particular year.

The last financial year for which accounts are available to 30 June 2014 Derby made a loss of £7m. It is worth noting that transfer fees don’t directly increase the costs as these are spread (or amortised for the accountants out there) over the period of the contract. So for example Ince cost £4.75m but this cost will be spread over his 4 year contract (£1.2m per year).

The bigger impact will be the increase in the wage bill of all the new signings, and we can’t really say for certain how much each player is earning.

Ramblur, giz a song

Ramblur Ramblur giz a song.

@G STAR RAM and @davenportram are smart blokes though. 

No good asking the minions. 

I'll be honest, I've taken no notice of FFP in the slightest.

We only get to see historical information (the accounts) which are between 9 and 21 months old, add into this wage increases and undisclosed transfer fees on undisclosed terms and you have got no chance of working out where we stand.

Plus there are people a the club who are paid to look after this side of affairs so why bother worrying about it?!

Would be interesting to hear clubs current stance on the matter. Anyone know what has happened to John Vicars? He appears to have disappeared from the radar!

Sorry to bring this thread back up, some interesting reading. I recall Sam Rush saying that FFP would not be a problem this year, something I was sceptical about given the pay rises/more expensive players, loan fees (which hit the profit/loss immediately, as they relate to that season), and the loss of TV revenue due to the play offs. 

I did a very rough exercise a while ago and I reckoned that to hit the £6m max loss permitted for 2014/15 that we would need additional revenue/cost savings of £3-5m, after taking into account a slight increase in gate receipts. 

It will be interesting to see where we end up when the accounts are published. Agree with Daveo though that it's impossible to know what the final result is.

Archived