Sky Fibre Unlimited

Day

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just price compared anyhow can get a better deal and faster internet with BT. Did alright with the TV deal tho, 50% off the TV package for 6 months and 12 months for multiscreen plus a £50 prepaid MasterCard 

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 11.24.36.png

Only problem with Sky TV is to get Sky Sports HD you need literally everything. You can get Sky Sports without everything, but to have it in HD you have to have everything, which costs an arm and a leg. And the picture quality on non-HD is horrendous.

I use NowTV for Sky Sports, if it's just 1 Derby game that month I want to watch I'll pay the £6. This month had a few decent games on plus a couple of Derby games so paid £30 for the month, that's not HD and don't think it's bad at all really. More than watchable than a stream and the beauty of having no contract.

I use NowTV, can dip in and out, use it mostly for catch up but do pay for the odd Rams game on Sky I can't get to. Watched the Pompey match last Wednesday for £6.99.

If i'd gone the pub it would have cost me £3.20 x 5 pints = £16, on a school night.

Does NowTV work outside uk?

I recently moved from Talk Talk fibre to Sky Fibre. I did have Sky TV, with movies and sport, the whole shebang, and was paying about £40 a month for it. That was on a special half price offer though, which expired a couple of months ago.

With Talk Talk I was on fibre broadband, line rental etc. all for £25. Talk Talk have some killer deals, and they gave me £100 Love2Shop vouchers when I first signed up. They are a bit crap in customer service, but they will chuck freebies and discounts at you at the merest suggestion of a complaint. They probably paid me more than I paid them throughout the life of the contract.

When I called Sky at the end of the TV deal to see what I could renegotiate, knowing that the full shebang would be way to expensive at full price, rather than cancelling altogether, as I thought I would end up having to do, they put me on a deal including unlimited Fibre broadband, with line rental, movies, sky go + and HD, for just £65 per month. I'm just missing the sport, which I can Now TV when I need to.

In conclusion, if you already have the TV, and get onto a deal like that, then I think it's pretty good. Otherwise, Talk Talk is worth a look.

I use NowTV, can dip in and out, use it mostly for catch up but do pay for the odd Rams game on Sky I can't get to. Watched the Pompey match last Wednesday for £6.99.

If i'd gone the pub it would have cost me £3.20 x 5 pints = £16, on a school night.

Disappointingly lightweight. Only 5?

Went for BT Infinity 2 with the home hub 5, unto 78 down and 16 up. £47pm which is pretty expensive when I was with Virgin and paying £40 for 100meg, TV M and a phone line. Thought you got BT Sport free as well? basically you get BT Sport 1 free through the app and online, if I want it through my Sky account it's £4pm and an extra fiver for all BT Sport channels. Oh, £40 Boots voucher as well which is handy I guess.

Sky would be slightly cheaper at £30pm for a year but it's estimated at 40meg and you have a £50 one off charge.

I want speed, lots of speed, and getting a bit of football thrown in was a no brainer. Hopefully after a year with Sky I'll get a better deal to have internet thrown in.

Archived