Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

If true then great news. Rush, Evans, Morris, Clement et al obviously feel he is worth what we are paying for him to the club and that is good enough for me.

With prices being what they have been just recently, who knows what value for money actually looks like anymore. Happy to leave it to them to do what they deem in the best interests of the club! 

Onwards and (hopefully!) upwards!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this guy worth breaking our transfer record for? Is he up there with the likes of Ince in terms of quality? Or is it just the situation we find ourselves in (i.e. desperate for a midfield)?

EDIT: Ince was more than £4.5m. Ignore me.

Does seem like a lot for Butterfield but he's got 3 years left on his deal, Ince had 1 and he's Huddersfield's best player while Ince was just a fringe player for Hull (when the fee was agreed). And no doubt we're having to pay a little more because it's so close to the end of the window

A good thing to note about Butterfield's arrival (if true) is that according to some Huddersfield fans on their forum, Vaughan and Smithies were their top earners on roughly 9k a week (Apparently their chairman said this at a Q&A a couple of weeks ago). So it's highly unlikely Butterfield will arrive on the sorts of wages Ince, Shackell and Bent are on, so that saves a decent amount on wages which could be used towards securing a Premier League loan player

They rate Butterfield very highly up there...

"In my time watching town I'd say Butterfield is the best play I've ever seen and it's been a delight to witness some of his performances but if 4.5 million is correct we have to take it."

They rate Butterfield very highly up there...

"In my time watching town I'd say Butterfield is the best play I've ever seen and it's been a delight to witness some of his performances but if 4.5 million is correct we have to take it."

Context is important here

!. Give MACKWORTHRAM his own thread

2. No way is Butterfield worth £5 or anywhere close.

3. Other Clubs appear to have us' by the base of the starklies'  (Coneheads  film term)

4. We have to take risks and some may not work. I think that we may be getting a £1.2 million player

5.We cannot afford not to sign someone at this time, plus we need someone else on loan.

6. In the greater scheme of things, it is all good IF we get promoted.

7. Butterfield is a kingpin where he is and will not be a kingpin with us. He will need to fit in right away.

Archived