Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Was a bit disappointed to be honest.

I expected it to be pretty ferocious but it was flat, despite Barca playing their best eleven there was very little pace or rhythm to their game. Messi, Neymar and Suarez all off the pace after playing two competitive games in South America.

Madrid deserved to win, even after they were dominated for the first 30 minutes or so.

Unless Bayern and Barca rediscover some urgency, I can see Real winning the Champions League this year. They're the freshest team, they have nothing else to play for, and they've been practically given a free ticket to the semi-finals.

Good point that bris ! 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see Spurs or Arsenal winning all of their remaining games, so you'd imagine that ten points would now be enough to guarantee Leicester the title this season. In reality, they probably only need eight more.

Sunderland (A), West Ham (H), Swansea (H), Man Utd (A), Everton (H), Chelsea (A).

Can see them winning at least three from this bunch, though the away games are tough.

W3 D1 L2 will be enough. And I think they'll do it.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Can't see Spurs or Arsenal winning all of their remaining games, so you'd imagine that ten points would now be enough to guarantee Leicester the title this season. In reality, they probably only need eight more.

Sunderland (A), West Ham (H), Swansea (H), Man Utd (A), Everton (H), Chelsea (A).

Can see them winning at least three from this bunch, though the away games are tough.

W3 D1 L2 will be enough. And I think they'll do it.

Thats a tough run in, I'd expect them to pick up wins against Sunderland, Everton and Swansea but the rest are tough if they fail to win there easy ones they might struggle. If I had to guess I could see them getting 10 to 12 points from those.

For me there only title rivals are Tottenham and there run in is as hard

Man U (H), Stoke (A), West Brom (H), Chelsea (A), Southampton (H), Newcaslte (A)

Could see them getting a similar number as Leicester from those

For me its done and dusted. Can't see Tottenham winning their next 4 games tbh, draw v Man U, draw V Stoke, Win V WBA, lose V Chelsea.. 

Tottenhams next 4 games are tough, Leicester will probably beat Sunderland and Swansea, draw with West Ham which will see them over the line. 

Can't help but admire what they've done this season, and the only real negative for us is that we can't sing "you've won f*** all" to them any more :lol:

While there is still the possibility of Leicester totally bottling it, the fact that Arsenal and Spurs are so inconsistent too means there is a lot less pressure on Leicester to actually win their games.

There is no SAF or Mourinho to offer mind-games, there is nobody in particularly great form breathing down their necks. Really is such a weird league this year.

Van Gaal and Wenger in particular must be devastated. How easy was it to win the league this year for them?

Leicester will probably max only 80 points. That would have only got them to fourth a few years ago.

If fester win it Wenger should be made to walk... Giving it all this noise for years about not having the money to compete with the big boys & paying off the stadium he's been Made to look a clown in my opinion

he was a revolutionary when he came to england but he's been lacking for years 

Filipe Luis seems to think Atletico were hard done by at Barcelona in terms of officiating...

Is he mad? They were lucky not to go down to eight players. Got away with a two-footed lunge on Dani Alves (shockingly he just got straight back up, no rolling around or anything) and hauling down Neymar when he was through one-on-one (no idea how a yellow was given for that one too)

As for the Torres red-card. Can he actually have any complaints? Two typical striker challenges you'd expect yellows from.

Not quite sure why there is this constant cry that officials favour Barcelona. Sure, that Chelsea match was a joke (even Abidal's red card was wrong), but you can name plenty of other times where it's a case of swings and roundabouts.

Will be interesting to see if Liverpool press Dortmund like they do possession-based teams in the PL. The Germans are the best in the world at exploiting space on the counter with quick, direct attacks.

I can see Liverpool getting hammered here if they play naively.

Don't mind Lallana but he's such a wuss.

Even Tom Ince pretends to be tough once every ten games. 

You don't have to be strong to play, but he does know he's allowed to use what strength he has got? 

Wimp

Archived