Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough has taken 34 points from 19 games. Averages 82 over a season, so he's still maintaining it and on form should see off Walsall in 3rd who will probably max six wins from their last nine.

13 points from their last seven will be enough for Clough. W4 D1 L2

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Clough has taken 34 points from 19 games. Averages 82 over a season, so he's still maintaining it and on form should see off Walsall in 3rd who will probably max six wins from their last nine.

13 points from their last seven will be enough for Clough. W4 D1 L2

Yet you apply a different criteria when assessing whether Derby will make the play offs?

Surely taking teams current league positions to calculate average points per game, then using that to predict where they will finish, will always give the same answer?!

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yet you apply a different criteria when assessing whether Derby will make the play offs?

Surely taking teams current league positions to calculate average points per game, then using that to predict where they will finish, will always give the same answer?!

Somebody asked how well Clough is doing at Burton - whether he's maintaining it. After 19 games, it seems results wise he is maintaining promotion form. Just. League One looks very inconsistent at the top. Autos could be so low, as low as 83.

Not sure on your second point? I'm only using Clough's points-per-game record. JFH took 41 points from 20 games - a much better record.

The criteria I use for Derby is based on my own knowledge of them. Simply enough, I know this team's capabilities, their strengths... The likelihood of them faltering on the road.

Looking at the fixtures ahead, I still feel Derby could miss out. i have very little confidence in them going away from home and winning at present. And seeing as we have Hull, Ipswich and Sheff Wed to come at home, it wouldn't surprise me a jot if Derby finish outside the top six.

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Somebody asked how well Clough is doing at Burton - whether he's maintaining it. After 19 games, it seems results wise he is maintaining promotion form. Just. League One looks very inconsistent at the top. Autos could be so low, as low as 83.

Not sure on your second point? I'm only using Clough's points-per-game record. JFH took 41 points from 20 games - a much better record.

The criteria I use for Derby is based on my own knowledge of them. Simply enough, I know this team's capabilities, their strengths... The likelihood of them faltering on the road.

Looking at the fixtures ahead, I still feel Derby could miss out. i have very little confidence in them going away from home and winning at present. And seeing as we have Hull, Ipswich and Sheff Wed to come at home, it wouldn't surprise me a jot if Derby finish outside the top six.

On the 2 from 5 thread you say that it is how teams are playing that is important and say form is not that important.

Having watched Burton's last 2 matches, they seem to be playing poorly but you instead use their average points to conclude that will get promoted.

Not saying you are right or wrong just that you are contradicting yourself.

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

On the 2 from 5 thread you say that it is how teams are playing that is important and say form is not that important.

Having watched Burton's last 2 matches, they seem to be playing poorly but you instead use their average points to conclude that will get promoted.

Not saying you are right or wrong just that you are contradicting yourself.

I'm not contradicting myself... I'm saying, if Clough maintains his points-per-game average since he has been in charge, Burton will hold on and go up. They should go up, considering the position they are in.

Likewise, Derby should make the top six. If they continue to maintain their points-per-game average since the beginning of the season, or even since Wassall took charge, they should be fine.

I can't comment on Burton in regards to how they're playing. But from the bigger picture, it seems the top teams in League One are all inconsistent and a lower points tally may be enough for them.

If Burton are playing rubbish, then they may end up missing out... I can't say, haven't seen them.

I can judge Derby on points-per-game average under Wassall. But having seen them, I think we've been fortunate and picked up more points than we arguably deserved. Add that to a more difficult set of fixtures remaining, hence my doubts. 

On 29 March 2016 at 04:09, 11carl00 said:

Don't think Walsall have won at home since Christmas. I'll be surprised if they finish in autos

They got games in hand. They'll make top two with Wigan. 

Got to feel sorry for the Villa fans.. its a horrible drag of a finish to the season as we well know, they know their down and probably just want this season over and done with.

2007/08 is a blur now for me but its taken us 5 years to recover from that season and in hindsight I'm a little miffed how we never ended up in league 1 tbh, dropping from the prem to the champ isn't all that bad and tbh I couldn't wait for the drop back down to the comfort of the championship in 08 :lol: such was the joke we'd become to the media. 

Burnley are so average, the most basic football relying on something special from a couple of players every game. Effective but horrible to watch. Brighton at least playing some football on the deck with some inventive moves.

Archived