Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Man City equalise, young lad scores, and nobody celebrates with him. Just leave him in the corner alone.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

I noticed that. Very odd. 

i'll bet he was thinking , 'oh God please tell me i wasn't off-side '

Very strange reaction from the other prima-donnas tho , i noticed on the replay , all those in shot threw their arms up in celebration 

5 hours ago, Tombo said:

Contentious comment considering Leicester are still two points clear at the top. 

Contentious at the very least, absolutely barmy is probably a better description of that comment.

Seriously? I'd say that's a very contentious reply on your part, and I'm backed up by the bookies. Leicester slip to only third favourites 3 to 1, with Arsenal now favourites at 13/8 with Spurs at 11/4.

Title-winning (or promotion-winning) campaigns are full of last-gasp winners. On the other hand, Leicester were out on their feet yet had defended magnificently, and imagine the lift if they'd held out. But what a terrible impact to lose to effectively the very last touch of the match and undo all their good work.

33 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Looks like all the leeds fans have gone in fancy dress as an empty seat again ... Massive club 

Another £35 game.

Mind you, our game at Wolves is £29, isn't it? Two nondescript mid-table sides showing relegation form and a 12:30 kick-off.

What football's about.

Boring match, Boro remind me of us, a lot of huff and puff but nothing special, Rhodes did score for them though, another shocker from the officials.

I'd put Burnley above Boro on what I've seen from the pair of them this season, Boro under Karanka are efficient but plain boring and teams are starting to work them out, a bit like us really. 

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You're mixing up boring with plain crap for us

We were efficient and slightly boring up until 4 or 5 games ago, then the results dried up and we became poor. 

Boro are now on the verge of going poor and boring as well, they fail to win their next game and its 6 without a win and they most likely drop out the top 2 as well, unthinkable a month ago, but once you lose position, like a horse you start to fade (usually).

When you look at our feeble points tally over the last 8 games, you can't help feeling that this season is a massive wasted opportunity for automatic promotion.

Middlesborough seemed nailed on for a top 2 finish and are now 'doing a Derby', I still believe you've got to take opportunities as they arise and not try too over-plan for the future. Maybe some time before we get this chance again.

Archived