Player ratings V Charlton

davenportram

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea. Only just got round to voting but well worth it. 

Ratings so far a good reflection. Thorne definite mom and Hanson a close second. Russell was a sub par performer but not a donkey. 

I agree. Superb idea.

How can people give Thorne a perfect 10 when he mis-placed three per cent of his 105 passes? Were they rounding-up? ;)

I gave him a 10. No player in the world could ever be perfect perfect

In the football world where you are going to have through balls blocked, shots go wide, crosses cleared etc I give a 10 for a player that does a lot more than what's expected of his role on top of doing his own job. 

Football isn't a perfect game. The referees aren't perfect, the pitch, the opponent. 

I can't see how Thorne could have done any more yesterday. I wouldn't ask him to improve on that display. What more could he have done?

Do u have to refer to them as donkeys, Dav? How about underperformers? 

He specifically referred to 'donley', not 'donkey'.

Donley (n) - A usually high-level performer who temporarily takes on the appearance of a headless chicken.

This is a stupendous idea, whoever thought of it should get a free children's season ticket . Me and the kids will be working out our votes whilst travelling back on the matlock train after the tuesday night match. Will submit next day. Lets hope for a good one.

FTFY

Er, I was joking. Although I did only give him a 9 myself.  I don't want to get carried away with the scores in the second game of the season or I've nowhere to go when he plays like that AND scores a couple of screamers.

Sorry. Been a long day 

Archived