Player ratings V Charlton

davenportram

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry the poll won't be hijacked again :lol:

My player ratings:

Carson-7 He was very solid,commanding and made a few decent saves. I think it's safe to say that Grant won't be getting a game any time soon

Baird-7 He was very good and won quite a lot of headers against their tall striker,despite Baird only being 5ft 11

Keogh-7 He was our best defender today. He brought the ball out very well,his passing was very crisp and like Baird won quite a few headers against their tall striker

Shackell-6 Was poor imo by his high standards. His passing and first touches were pretty average. If he works on that then we have the best defender in the division

Forsyth-6 Was originally 5 on the other thread but I decided to change this.Got caught out on the counter attack a few times and like Shackell his passing and his first touches weren't the best

Thorne-8 The best player on the pitch. People will remember him in this match for his great distribution and dipped shot but I'll remember him for the fabulous interception that he made when Charlton were on the counter attack

Hanson-7 Wasn't the best in the opening stages of the game but I think that was because of nerves. His influence grew as the game went on. His long passing was brilliant and was Xabi Alonso esc in his technique

Hendrick- 6 Wasn't the best when he was played as the attacking midfielder at the start of the game but he was more effective when he played deeper. Should have put more power on the shot that was cleared off the line

Ince-6 They doubled up on him which prevented him from playing that well. He drifted quite a lot into the middle in search of the ball. The skill where he went passed 2 players near the corner flag was easy on the eye.

Russell-5 Was very poor today and too slow in his decision making. I think he needs to work on his off the ball movement because there was one in the second half where Ince was on the ball but Russell completely got in his way.

Martin-6 Mixed day for Chrissy. He looked frustrated in the first half and did his usual throw hands in the air gestures. Also, in large parts of the game their left centre back had him in his bag pocket. Very good finish with his weaker foot for the goal

Manager assessment- 6. Was a solid day for Clement in his first home game but I was baffled why he took Hanson off and brought on Christie and why he didn't bring on Bent because we needed a fox in the box type player in the latter stages of the game

All in all a solid point and a very good performance by the whole team.

I think the Christie sub was t be able to push on both full backs and exert more pressure. Baird isnt a great forward plaing full back. Most of the time in the last 5 minutes both of our full backs were in advanced positions at the smae time and Baird gives more experience than Hanson to cover if the ball is lost

Don't worry the poll won't be hijacked again :lol:

My player ratings:

Carson-7 He was very solid,commanding and made a few decent saves. I think it's safe to say that Grant won't be getting a game any time soon

Baird-7 He was very good and won quite a lot of headers against their tall striker,despite Baird only being 5ft 11

Keogh-7 He was our best defender today. He brought the ball out very well,his passing was very crisp and like Baird won quite a few headers against their tall striker

Shackell-6 Was poor imo by his high standards. His passing and first touches were pretty average. If he works on that then we have the best defender in the division

Forsyth-6 Was originally 5 on the other thread but I decided to change this.Got caught out on the counter attack a few times and like Shackell his passing and his first touches weren't the best

Thorne-8 The best player on the pitch. People will remember him in this match for his great distribution and dipped shot but I'll remember him for the fabulous interception that he made when Charlton were on the counter attack

Hanson-7 Wasn't the best in the opening stages of the game but I think that was because of nerves. His influence grew as the game went on. His long passing was brilliant and was Xabi Alonso esc in his technique

Hendrick- 6 Wasn't the best when he was played as the attacking midfielder at the start of the game but he was more effective when he played deeper. Should have put more power on the shot that was cleared off the line

Ince-6 They doubled up on him which prevented him from playing that well. He drifted quite a lot into the middle in search of the ball. The skill where he went passed 2 players near the corner flag was easy on the eye.

Russell-5 Was very poor today and too slow in his decision making. I think he needs to work on his off the ball movement because there was one in the second half where Ince was on the ball but Russell completely got in his way.

Martin-6 Mixed day for Chrissy. He looked frustrated in the first half and did his usual throw hands in the air gestures. Also, in large parts of the game their left centre back had him in his bag pocket. Very good finish with his weaker foot for the goal

Manager assessment- 6. Was a solid day for Clement in his first home game but I was baffled why he took Hanson off and brought on Christie and why he didn't bring on Bent because we needed a fox in the box type player in the latter stages of the game

All in all a solid point and a very good performance by the whole team.

i think you're a bit harsh on shackell and martin rammyboy i think Clement  didn't want to lose the game that's why christie came on rather than go out to try to win it.

For me it will be interesting to compare Russell and Wiemann ratings. To me there was little to choose between them, neither did anything much of note or t make me say "wow, well done lad".

Could have been the same play to me. You'd be forgiven for not realising we'd made a sub.

Carson -7- Not much to do but did everything well.

Baird -7- Didn't offer lots going forward but was solid and used the ball well. 

Keogh -7- Drove us forward. Defended well

Shackell -8- Dealt with counter attacks brilliantly.

Forsyth -7- Always an outlet. Again solid defending but perhaps didn't deliver enough quality from great positions

Hanson -8- Always available. Always looking to pass forwards. Totally unfussy.

Thorne -10- Must have had 5 shots while delivering a defensive masterclass. Perfect. 

Ince -7- Nearly man. Came so close to tearing Charlton apart but never managed it

Hendrick -7- Dropped deep when we needed help. Got close to Martin. Perhaps 7 is harsh? 8?

Russell -7- Like Ince but didn't get in good situations as often. But perhaps got the best situations.

Martin -9- People should read him better as the season goes on. He was too clever at times. Typical Martin. 

Subs added energy but not a lot else. Christie offered more in attack than Baird but no more quality. Weimann could have been Russell still.

Not given a 10 for ages. But he did more than you'd expect from a DM

Forsyth -7- Always an outlet. Again solid defending but perhaps didn't deliver enough quality from great positions

Thorne -10- Must have had 5 shots while delivering a defensive masterclass. Perfect. 

Ince -7- Nearly man. Came so close to tearing Charlton apart but never managed it

Hendrick -7- Dropped deep when we needed help. Got close to Martin. Perhaps 7 is harsh? 8?

Russell -7- Like Ince but didn't get in good situations as often. But perhaps got the best situations.

Martin -9- People should read him better as the season goes on. He was too clever at times. Typical Martin. 

Subs added energy but not a lot else. Christie offered more in attack than Baird but no more quality. Weimann could have been Russell still.

i think Thorne thought **** it i may as well shoot because no ****** else is. Even if some nearly hit the corner flag.

Carson -7 solid , not really tested though 

Baird -6 still not convinced 

Keogh - 7 looks so much better next to shackell 

Shackell - 7 solid going to be a major asset 

Forsyth - 6 thought he offered a lot more going forward than warnock still got a mistake him in defensively 

Thorne - 9 absoloute class act 

Hanson - 8 really impressive both going forward and defensively

Hendrick - 7 did what he needed to could be a bit more decisive in the final 3rd

Russell - 5 bad day at the office for Johnny 

Martin - 7 took his goal well , should have had another

Ince - 6 tried and tried and tried but never really happened 

Subs 

Weimann - 5 not much improvement on Russell 

Christie - 6 not much time to get involved but looked to create and add some dynamism from the wings hope he gets another chance 

Come off it, a 10! 

He was very very good, but boy did they make it easy for him!!

He got so bored in the end, he went searching for a cruncher just to spice things up!

One shot that needed saving, one nearly led to a breakaway.

Sorry, thought this was the Matchday thread, ignore me!

reveldevil, you may have the mantle for becoming the next 'mind out, I'm going off topic'. title.Should you wish to accept, this post will self destruct in three seconds.

Come off it, a 10! 

He was very very good, but boy did they make it easy for him!!

He got so bored in the end, he went searching for a cruncher just to spice things up!

One shot that needed saving, one nearly led to a breakaway.

Sorry, thought this was the Matchday thread, ignore me!

For me it will be interesting to compare Russell and Wiemann ratings. To me there was little to choose between them, neither did anything much of note or t make me say "wow, well done lad".

Unlucky with a flick effort and positionally sound.... Russell looked lost today.... 

Archived