Derby County v Middlesbrough

Mafiabob

My 11

Carson

Forsyth   Shackell    Keogh    Baird

Hendrick    Thorne   Hanson

Russell      Martin     Ince

You have your left and rights mixed up, Though i would play Hanson on the left of the 3 v Boro. 

Carson

Baird    Keogh   Shackell    Forsyth

Hendrick   Thorne    Hanson

Ince        Martin          Russell   

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has to keep the same starting 11, if that is his best 11, than keep them playing together, the jigsaw will all come together.

Much stiffer test against the 2nd best team in the division on Tuesday, we need that first win!

We were better on Saturday, let is be a better again on Tuesday......

You have your left and rights mixed up, Though i would play Hanson on the left of the 3 v Boro. 

Carson

Baird    Keogh   Shackell    Forsyth

Hendrick   Thorne    Hanson

Ince        Martin          Russell   

jimmy_cricket_appeal.jpg

Here's some help davenport :whistle:

I am genetically incapable of predicting a loss. This is going to be a tough game. Part of me thinks they will come out playing which will present opportunities the other part thinks that Downing will need watching .. He is clever, experienced and can cross so The back 4 will need to be wide awake. 

Strange to say after our slow start but I see goals coming at both ends .. Just need to score more than them COYR

Feel like we need two in front of the back 4 for this one, with Hanson moving forward when possible. Will probably need to have Russell come in for Weimann because we will need to keep an eye on Downing and he'll probably run the wingers ragged.

MgVOESe.jpg

Feel like we need two in front of the back 4 for this one, with Hanson moving forward when possible. Will probably need to have Russell come in for Weimann because we will need to keep an eye on Downing and he'll probably run the wingers ragged.

MgVOESe.jpg

Do you think this system protects our full backs more than 4-3-3?

Do you think this system protects our full backs more than 4-3-3?

I feel that one of Hanson or Thorne can move over and double up on a winger and we'll still have someone in front of the back 2 to keep us covered. At least to a point our wingers can get back and help.

Also Thorne can pass through the lines to feet and Hanson has the over the top ball ability to help get us out of trouble.

I feel that one of Hanson or Thorne can move over and double up on a winger and we'll still have someone in front of the back 2 to keep us covered. At least to a point our wingers can get back and help.

Also Thorne can pass through the lines to feet and Hanson has the over the top ball ability to help get us out of trouble.

I'm not against it as a formation and would suit Hanson more i'm just not convinced it would cover our full backs more.

One way it could is if a CB gets dragged wide to narrow the gap with a FB closing down a winger, then Hanson could drop into CB and leave Thorne at DCM.

Last season Boro pressed high up the field with the strikers preventing Mascarell from bringing the ball forward out of defence. The two central midfielders also did a job on Chris Martin preventing him from receiving the ball. Their coach did a good job at nullifying the 4=3=3. Hopefully Paul Clement will have noticed this. I don't think they are great defensively but they have a hard working, physical midfield.

My expectation is that we'll go into this game a little too negative and fans will get frustrated. 

I imagine it will be the same team with Weimann in for Russell. I'd like to see Bent in the side, perhaps for Hendrick. 

Hanson and Thorne sat deep with a front four of Bent, Martin, Ince and Weimann. 

So you would go for 4-2-4 against one of the strongest teams in the division.

I am more optimistic about this game than I was before yesterday. I'm hoping that Thorne will be a different proposition in the midfield battle and if they decide to keep Chris Martin quiet again it will give Ince a game with less attention (so far he's been the one singled out).

I'd be inclined to start the same side and definitely the same formation.

I always think we're going to win so my predictions are worth diddley-squat anyway but I'm really looking forward to seeing how we get on. COYR!

Derby are a different beast to the game back in march back then therte was no Martin,Bent,Mascarell,Thorne if you recall Russell was the one up top.We were starting the slump,Christie was in the middle of his nightmare and it was Hanson in his second game at CDM.

If they push up high on George they will find him a far different prospect than Jamie  if they want to make it physical in there then there is George will bully them whilst picking them off as they charge in.

Derby have far more tools in their locker this time we are just not up too top speed quite yet but it will come this could just be the type of game that fires it off.

Archived