At one point in the 2nd half at Burton we were unplayable

Curtains

Curtains went all right. The ones who didn't go are all on Shotton's back.

I am not a fan of his but I thought Shotton apart from letting the ball slip under his foot a couple times looked solid. Christie after a slightly shaky start looked as if he was getting back to his old self. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh just had to check given your comments on Forsyth and Christie. 

Forsyth gave 2 stupid free kicks away   the 2nd resulting in their goal. 

Constantly got caught offside when we were attacking. 

Christie started very poorly indeed but did improve .

The Ex Chelsea youngster did great when he came on and we did play really well towards the end of the game. 

I am not a fan of his but I thought Shotton apart from letting the ball slip under his foot a couple times looked solid. Christie after a slightly shaky start looked as if he was getting back to his old self. 

Agreed. There were a couple of occasions towards the end of the first half where Christie made mugs of Burton's back line, turning past players and getting dangerous crosses in.

Yes I was there,and that spell in the second half,was pure pleasure,the passing and move ment between Martin,Dawks and Hughes was a joy to be hold,very enjoyable day out,and with this squad and management team I am sure this will be a very entertaining successful season,counting the days down to BOLTON away,can not wait.

Thanks to Alpha I recieved a warning. 

Daveo that was not the word it was something to say I was in a posting mess again. 

Why would you warn me for that when I was having the rip taken out of me by a moderator that you appointed. 

I so hope Dawks is able to put in a decent shift for us this season. Some of the footwork he can pull off is frighteningly good. Our possession ability overall is almost too much to comprehend.

I wonder if a bookie will give odds on Derby to have the highest possession % in the league :ph34r:

I think Dawkins could fit in that role in the diamond at the top point where Ince has been playing, very well. Obviously he is going to have to train and play out of his skin to dislodge our record signing but between the two of them that position could be a big success for us. Letting Dawkins go without ever giving him a real go in a central role behind the strikers would annoy me forever. 

Archived