Burton (Something) v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add to that the 'experts' on goalkeepers kicking the ball, where it just takes one ball out of play for the "his kicking is awful" comment to come out.

To find a GK who's kicking is anything other than hit or miss, you've got to be looking at the top keepers in the game, and maybe you'll find a handful.

A keeper's kicking is only truly awful IMO if he regularly clears the ball straight to the opposition, or slices it behind himself - putting it out of play now and then is what you should expect, and it's far more preferable than the alternative I've just stated!

Carson - 6 Didn't have loads to do, but dallied on the wall once and shouted for a through ball that Shackell had to clear

Christie - 6 Took up some poor defensive positions early on, but gre into the game, particularly going forward

Forsyth - 6 put some great crosses in, but looks a yard off the pace

Shotton - 5 calm on the ball, but tried to showboat too often, if he played to his limitations he'd be a top championship cb 

Shackell - 7 Calmness personfied, couple of poor passes but will be rusty

Thorne - 7.5 Oozes class and is getting fitter each game, bit tired second half, won't see him at his best for 2-3 weeks yet 

Baird - 7 Solid, held position well, better passer than i thought it would be, the combination with Thorne is a little slow though

Russell - 7.5 Full of running and today full of quality, goal an assist and retained possession well

Ince - 6 Time for the experiment of him playing centrally to end, some nice touches but should dominate games like these

Weimann - 6.5 Took his goal and full of energy but just doesn't get on the ball enough

Bent 6.5 - Ths is the system for him, took his goal well but his interplay is average, did well in the air though

Subs

Ssewankambo - 5 Did well going forward but has the positional sense of 3 legged antelope in a Lion;s cage

Keogh - 7 didn't put a foot wrong

Hendrick - 7 Held position well, nice simple passing

Hughes - 7.5 What a lovely footballer, worth paying to see him alone, showed Ince how to play that position

Dawkins - 7.5 Generally tucked in off his wing, linked up with Hughes well, never lost possession

Martin - 7 Did everything bent couldn't linked play, with Hughes and Dawkins took us to another level

Hanson - 7 Best game for Derby so far, tackled and passed well, didn't look like a rookie

Because we are the mighty Hull Kingston Rovers and as I already said we would win today and so I'm off to Wembley again.

Oh Wembley, Wembley we're the famous Hull Kingston Rovers and we're off to Wembley!

Clogging up the trains and M1 to see a final at the national stadium for a sport that isn't a national sport in an area of the country where nobody plays it. :( 

If they have to do it can't they just go to Old Trafford or summat?

My leg hurts, and it's all Johnny Russell's fault.

When he and Tom Ince were practicing free kicks about 15 minutes before the match kicked off, the Memsahib was parking her fat arse sitting down on the terracing, oblivious to what was happening. Russell fired one just wide, and I instinctively knew that it was heading straight for her indoors's fizzog, so valiantly I stepped in front of her and intercepted said thunderbolt with my left calf, thus saving myself from being on the end of an evening of whingeing, and having zero chance of ever being allowed on the terraces again.

Those modern footballs might be light, but by heck, they don't half come keen, and I've got a big blue bruise now.

I'm hoping that the symptoms can be cured by alcohol.

My leg hurts, and it's all Johnny Russell's fault.

When he and Tom Ince were practicing free kicks about 15 minutes before the match kicked off, the Memsahib was parking her fat arse sitting down on the terracing, oblivious to what was happening. Russell fired one just wide, and I instinctively knew that it was heading straight for her indoors's fizzog, so valiantly I stepped in front of her and intercepted said thunderbolt with my left calf, thus saving myself from being on the end of an evening of whingeing, and having zero chance of ever being allowed on the terraces again.

Those modern footballs might be light, but by heck, they don't half come keen, and I've got a big blue bruise now.

I'm hoping that the symptoms can be cured by alcohol.

You are Revildevil and I claim my £5

Clogging up the trains and M1 to see a final at the national stadium for a sport that isn't a national sport in an area of the country where nobody plays it. :( 

If they have to do it can't they just go to Old Trafford or summat?

Get over yourself. The sport is International, played on the other side of the world and is well fitted at Wembley as it's always filled by well behaved fans from the North that want and deserve to get to Wembley just like everybody else. You'll be telling me next that London Broncos Rugby League are from Wolverhampton!!!!!!

Right get yourself on Sky Sports now to watch Olympic Winning Boxer Luke Campbell (Hull F.C fan) get turned over by Tommy Coyle ( HKR fan) in the Battle Of Hull at the mighty Craven Park or get yourself down to Hurlington Park in London and go watch some Polo with your cockney horses!!!!

Man of the match - Russell, tireless and clever, can't comment on his goal as I'd left by then.

Villain of the match - Russell, smacked me straight in the Bowlocks with a pre-match effort while I was distracted!

Never felt pain like it, those pro boys sure hit it hard, I lasted till 70ish mins, before I could stand no more. Anyone know how long you should pee blood for before you call a doctor?

Here

Get over yourself. The sport is International, played on the other side of the world and is well fitted at Wembley as it's always filled by well behaved fans from the North that want and deserve to get to Wembley just like everybody else. You'll be telling me next that London Broncos Rugby League are from Wolverhampton!!!!!!

Right get yourself on Sky Sports now to watch Olympic Winning Boxer Luke Campbell (Hull F.C fan) get turned over by Tommy Coyle ( HKR fan) in the Battle Of Hull at the mighty Craven Park or get yourself down to Hurlington Park in London and go watch some Polo with your cockney horses!!!!

Fella it's a regional sport in which the final is played in the other side of the country. Please let common sense prevail. London has a rugby League club? London has a lot of things.

The fans from the North deserve to go to Wembley when a northern team who participate in a national sport gets there. 

@eddie

Any chance a player ratings from yourself, I didn't go to the game but I trust your judgement :thumbsup:

Mine are very boring.

I would basically give everyone 6/10 except for Thorne who got a 7.5, Russell and Shackell 7, and probably 7 for Will and Dawkins when they came on. I don't think that anybody performed poorly. Several had spells where they weren't as dominant as they would want to be, but invariably they all picked their games up when they needed to.

It was a very competent collective performance, and by and large the system was the winner without anyone standing out head and shoulders above - or below - the rest. I'm a strong believer in it being a team game, and people can do their jobs very well without actually having to look outrageously good. If enough do their jobs well enough, then the overall result will be positive.

Like today.

Mine are very boring.

I would basically give everyone 6/10 except for Thorne who got a 7.5, Russell and Shackell 7, and probably 7 for Will and Dawkins when they came on. I don't think that anybody performed poorly. Several had spells where they weren't as dominant as they would want to be, but invariably they all picked their games up when they needed to.

It was a very competent collective performance, and by and large the system was the winner without anyone standing out head and shoulders above - or below - the rest. I'm a strong believer in it being a team game, and people can do their jobs very well without actually having to look outrageously good. If enough do their jobs well enough, then the overall result will be positive.

Like today.

Wise words your royal eddieness.

Goalscorers obviously get noticed but if the team clicks and makes it look relatively easy then individuals don't really stand out unless they are involved in a dramatic event like a last ditch tackle or a pin point pass that leads to a goal.

The best thing that could happen this season is if someone says "Hughes was quiet" after a 3-0 win.

Fella it's a regional sport in which the final is played in the other side of the country. Please let common sense prevail. London has a rugby League club? London has a lot of things.

The fans from the North deserve to go to Wembley when a northern team  from a national sport gets there. 

So Derby County shouldn't play at Wembley coz there from the East Midlands. Regional has nothing to do with it, neither does common sense, Wembley is used for all sorts of sporting and musical events, it's our national stadium and most sports want too and aim to play at our national stadium, and so do the fans that support such events.

Stop being a killjoy and let others enjoy themselves instead of moaning that trains and the motorways will be busy on an August Bank Holiday weekend. Live a little, go out and enjoy yourself instead of trying to gain some miserable satisfaction of poorly trying to disrespect Rugby League. So yeah London has a lot of things which includes a Rugby League Challenge Cup  Final played at Wembley, and it's a great day out, or if you fancy pushing the boat out fella spend the weekend in London and try enjoying yourself or at least let others enjoy Wembley and the other sports they choose to like. ? 

So Derby County shouldn't play at Wembley coz there from the East Midlands. Regional has nothing to do with it, neither does common sense, Wembley is used for all sorts of sporting and musical events, it's our national stadium and most sports want too and aim to play at our national stadium, and so do the fans that support such events.

Stop being a killjoy and let others enjoy themselves instead of moaning that trains and the motorways will be busy on an August Bank Holiday weekend. Live a little, go out and enjoy yourself instead of trying to gain some miserable satisfaction of poorly trying to disrespect Rugby League. So yeah London has a lot of things which includes a Rugby League Challenge Cup  Final played at Wembley, and it's a great day out, or if you fancy pushing the boat out fella spend the weekend in London and try enjoying yourself or at least let others enjoy Wembley and the other sports they choose to like. ? 

Derby County are a football team. Football is THE national sport. Now maybe theres an argument for putting the national stadium in the East Midlands but no thinking a regional sport should have its final in the region it's played is not equivalent to thinking the national sport should have its final in the national stadium.

Common sense has nothing to do with it? It has everything to do with it.

I'm sorry to hear that I would kill your joy by having the final held at Old Trafford. If your enjoyment is so dependant on the stadium it's held in then maybe you should follow a less naff sport to keep your joy more secure.

Archived