Striker Partnership

After watching tonight's game, it's clear Weimann is a certain starter.

How do you guys/girls think about partnering him with Russell?

I know Martin is a fan favourite, but for the best of the team, maybe the effort and pace of these 2 lads could bear fruit.

if not, what are your ideal front 2, seeing as we seem to be playing 2 up top this season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Martin was exceptional at the tip of the diamond against Chesterfield in the cup. He played three marvellous lofted through-balls that put Bent through on goal twice and Russell once. I find it a shame that Clement hasn't tried him in this position.

It's a no way from me too. Martin before Weimann and anybody else. IF it had to be Weimann and another I still wouldn't pick Russell. Those two are offer the exact same qualities. Need variety a good dependable pass into the final third. 

I liked the look of Weimann and Martin together. Russell is the perfect replacement for a tiring Weimann.

It pains me to agree with that, but it should be Martin and Weiman, although I think we are going to

be seeing different lineups home and away, and also depending on whom we are playing. Which I agree with,

as PC has stressed that we need the whole squad not 14 players etc..so alot of rotation.

I'd start Martin as he's our talisman but holding the ball up is a bit less important in this formation than in the 4-3-3. There's no wingers so strikers need to be running the channels a fair bit, hence why people have commented about Martin ending up playing down the left a bit too much for their liking. I can see Weimann and Russell having a bit of joy.

Archived