Kwame Thomas

DEL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, YouRams said:

22 appearances with no goals doesn't read well. Cant see why we'd recall him.

Only a handful of starts, but in total quite a lot of minutes on the pitch. I'm disappointed he didn't seize the opportunity and force his way into the first team (strikers need to score goals). He won't play in our first team so the decision must be because we believe we have a better loan opportunity lined up or he's better off staying and playing with the U21s, where he will compete with the likes of Zanzala and Bennett (now that Vernam and Calero aren't playing as out and out strikers).

While Blackpool are in a terrible place, that's why they took him and why he was getting competitive first team football on the League One stage, which you would hope would have been good for his development. Pretty sure he didn't score for County when he was with them either.

My guess is actually that Zanzala will be loaned out so we've brought Thomas back to cover his absence.

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Only a handful of starts, but in total quite a lot of minutes on the pitch. I'm disappointed he didn't seize the opportunity and force his way into the first team (strikers need to score goals). He won't play in our first team so the decision must be because we believe we have a better loan opportunity lined up or he's better off staying and playing with the U21s, where he will compete with the likes of Zanzala and Bennett (now that Vernam and Calero aren't playing as out and out strikers).

While Blackpool are in a terrible place, that's why they took him and why he was getting competitive first team football on the League One stage, which you would hope would have been good for his development. Pretty sure he didn't score for County when he was with them either.

My guess is actually that Zanzala will be loaned out so we've brought Thomas back to cover his absence.

Maybe our u21's get overhyped? You'd of expected Calero to do better at Burton than he did. Difference with this one the article I read said they are sad to see him leave so he must have contributed something if not goals. Don't know if they have been playing him more out wide? Don't keep up with league 1 tbh.

Could be a good shout about Zanzala the bits I have seen of him he'd be a good asset for a lower league club to take on loan. Looks strong as an ox for his age and is bagging for fun.

The Blackpool OS clearly indicates that we've recalled him. Hopefully that is to cover a loan for Zanzala/Bennett, but it seems a bit harsh to jerk around Blackpool for no particularly important reason.

I'm now nervous as **** that it's to cover Darren Bent whilst he plays in place of the injured Chris Martin.

12 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Maybe our u21's get overhyped? You'd of expected Calero to do better at Burton than he did. Difference with this one the article I read said they are sad to see him leave so he must have contributed something if not goals. Don't know if they have been playing him more out wide? Don't keep up with league 1 tbh.

I try not to judge them too much based on loan moves... if the management team think they're good enough then that's enough for me...

I thought Ibe was good but not head and shoulders above our other options last season... Yet he's gone back to Liverpool and been a fairly regular feature for them... I think the difference in quality between the leagues is often over-emphasised... 

I'm glad. Was never comfortable with him being at a club in constant crisis, with appalling relations between club and supporters. Not a great place to learn his trade. It looked like they could have turned the corner, with the  appointment of a good manager but it seems not.  We can do a lot better by him.

5 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

The Blackpool OS clearly indicates that we've recalled him. Hopefully that is to cover a loan for Zanzala/Bennett, but it seems a bit harsh to jerk around Blackpool for no particularly important reason.

I'm now nervous as **** that it's to cover Darren Bent whilst he plays in place of the injured Chris Martin.

A lot of my pals are Blackpool fans, and believe me, anything anybody does to mess around their chairman, manager and team is going to be met with almost unanimous approval by them, because they are at war. There are many who would be happy to see Karl Oyston jerked around - at the end of a rope.

I have watched a fair few U21s games and I did not think that Rawson was ready to play in the Championship, which he obviously is capable of doing. I did not think that Hanson would have been so effective in the first team.but we are not going to find out if we do not play them. We cannot afford to lose points by extravagant use of substitutes. The Rawson route looks more valuable than the Hanson route at present.

On 01/12/2015, 09:44:15, AnimalisaRam said:

There was an interview with DW somewhere on the OS - the U21s are looking at different formations, and they want Kwame involved in that.

It seems a bit disingenuous to dismiss Calero because he didn't succeed at Burton. 

They dismissed Weimann after 2 games.

On 26/11/2015, 19:33:14, ITSD said:

Blackpool have signed a striker on loan from West Ham, maybe something to do with that.

They only did that after our surprise decision to recall him, needing more cover now he's gone. I hadn't realized but their manager said he'd broken through and started the last three games before we asked for him back, which does make the decision look odder. Is it better to get experience in the academy or playing in a league first team? That's ultimately the question. Here's the piece from the Blackpool end: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Blackpool-boss-surprised-Rams/story-28291221-detail/story.html

On 26/11/2015, 14:54:26, CornwallRam said:

26 th of November quote The Injured Chris Martin,whats all this about

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎18‎:‎48‎:‎24, Rampage said:

Clement said that nobody is coming in or going out on loan.

Zanzala might have impressed PC and earned himself a spot on the bench, could be another explanation of why Kwame has been recalled with him saying nobody is leaving.

Archived