Gaming

SaintRam

At the moment my lengthy list of games I play:

Rocket League; The Division; Robocraft; XCOM 2; Vermintide; Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade; SkyForge; Hearthstone; Smite; Heroes of the Storm; League of Legends

I play a lot of indie games (although none atm) but the nature of them means they don't stay on a list of 'games I play' for very long. All of the above I've been playing for at least a month. Smite/League of Legends I've been playing for 4-6 years.

Mainstream indie game I got into on Xbox One was 'Ori and the dark forest'. Came in the bundle, tried it to say I had given it a go. Love it. It always impresses me how much story can be packed into such simple game design. Looks beautiful too.

The sort of game I wouldn't go out of my way to spend money on, but really glad I've given it time

16 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Rocket League; The Division; Robocraft; XCOM 2; Vermintide; Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade; SkyForge; Hearthstone; Smite; Heroes of the Storm; League of Legends

I play a lot of indie games (although none atm) but the nature of them means they don't stay on a list of 'games I play' for very long. All of the above I've been playing for at least a month. Smite/League of Legends I've been playing for 4-6 years.

Is Hearthstone good?

20 hours ago, SaintRam said:

You play ranked at all?

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

Is Hearthstone good?

Yeah, but it's true to the collectable card game genre in that it's either an expensive or slow process to collect enough cards. I'm at the stage where I just play against friends or in a game mode called Arena at the moment, but will jump back into competitive play when the new expansion comes out.

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

You play ranked at all?

I don't know which game you're asking about specifically so I'll go through them all :lol:

As far as the MOBAs go, I haven't played ranked Smite since the Beta as I had a lengthy hiatus but would like to get back into it once I'm back in the groove. I don't play ranked LoL, not since the first or second season anyway, only aram nowadays. I'll start playing ranked Heroes of the Storm when the incoming update comes in that adds character banning to the pick stage. 

As for other games, I played a lot of ranked Hearthstone when it launched and will do so again when the new expansion hits. I play ranked Rocket League as often as I can but only really get the chance when I'm alone online, which isn't very often except during the day at weekends.

XCOM 2 I haven't touched the ranked play of, I find multiplayer in that game less than optimal on a time-consumption basis.

Don't think the other games have ranked play.

54 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah, but it's true to the collectable card game genre in that it's either an expensive or slow process to collect enough cards. I'm at the stage where I just play against friends or in a game mode called Arena at the moment, but will jump back into competitive play when the new expansion comes out.

I don't know which game you're asking about specifically so I'll go through them all :lol:

As far as the MOBAs go, I haven't played ranked Smite since the Beta as I had a lengthy hiatus but would like to get back into it once I'm back in the groove. I don't play ranked LoL, not since the first or second season anyway, only aram nowadays. I'll start playing ranked Heroes of the Storm when the incoming update comes in that adds character banning to the pick stage. 

As for other games, I played a lot of ranked Hearthstone when it launched and will do so again when the new expansion hits. I play ranked Rocket League as often as I can but only really get the chance when I'm alone online, which isn't very often except during the day at weekends.

XCOM 2 I haven't touched the ranked play of, I find multiplayer in that game less than optimal on a time-consumption basis.

Don't think the other games have ranked play.

Apologies good point! I was talking about League Of Legends. Add my user tag skylight09 if you fancy a aram now and again. I usually play ranked but if I have time to kill could have a ARAM or two =].

4 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Apologies good point! I was talking about League Of Legends. Add my user tag skylight09 if you fancy a aram now and again. I usually play ranked but if I have time to kill could have a ARAM or two =].

My main account is on the NA servers :p But I have an EU account. Not sure on its level though. 

I was diamond in season 1/2 (I don't remember which one I played) - but I ended up quitting League to play... Guild Wars 2? I think. Only came back to league after about 3 years completely away about 6 months ago.

PES 2016's Euro update is pretty damn good. All the players for the tournament are real, which is already a step up on EA's last attempt, and they've added around 200 new faces and such. They've done it as one of their datapacks as well, rather than as a paid DLC too. 

It does lack modes like a qualification tournament and such though, it's basically just got a mode for playing the Euros, and only 15 of 24 teams have their real kits (though you can fix that with editing). They've only got one licenced stadium for it. Keogh and Hendrick have had their faces added for the update too. 

Overall though it's actually quite impressive for a free update. 

16 hours ago, Srg said:

Finally found the song from the Quantum Break advert... not fussed about the game, but the cover of Come as You Are is as brilliant as it is haunting...

Videos a bit over the top in my opinion though, detracts a little. Great cover tho.

Don't like that. Too slow for my liking, its like when you have one of those dreams where something horrible is happening but you cant get words out quick enough, everything just happens in slow motion.

For a more chilled out Nirvana session I would prefer to listen to the MTV Unplugged set.

Talking of MTV Unplugged, I highly recommend the Korn set.

Just now, RicME85 said:

Don't like that. Too slow for my liking, its like when you have one of those dreams where something horrible is happening but you cant get words out quick enough, everything just happens in slow motion.

For a more chilled out Nirvana session I would prefer to listen to the MTV Unplugged set.

Talking of MTV Unplugged, I highly recommend the Korn set.

Not my type of music at all, but when you see it set to the trailer, it really works.