Gaming

SaintRam

37 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Have you tried playing with other people against AI? That's fun (if you're playing with someone on the same wavelength).

Nope, if I have time to sit on the sofa with a mate playing video games we're more likely to be down the pub having a pint instead.

Not sure what reaction I would get if I was to invite a mate around to play games. 20 years ago yeah. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

Connections might be due to your location, can't say I've ran into any exploits or cheaters. Both I put down as excuses for being rubbish and getting beat which you would obviously argue is not the case.

Wheres the social interaction in playing AI, beating one off by yourself in the bedroom if we're getting sexual in here.

Connection issues are due to my location. I've come across plenty of exploiters, they're not hard to beat if you know what you're doing, they're just boring. It's like playing a board game against someone stalling for time. It's just not a fun experience, the modern gaming experience is rarely enjoyable, and ultimately the true fun is being able to do it while enjoying time with others rather than playing the recluse with shades of pretend interaction. 

21 minutes ago, David said:

Nope, if I have time to sit on the sofa with a mate playing video games we're more likely to be down the pub having a pint instead.

Not sure what reaction I would get if I was to invite a mate around to play games. 20 years ago yeah. 

Try getting stoned instead. 

24 minutes ago, David said:

I hope you don't indulge in any frivolous and childish activities like darts, or pool when you're down the pub then.

Doesn't look like RDR2 is coming out on PC, might a year later like GTAV but its not the sort of game I like on console. Huge gameworlds like that are always so much better on PC, plus the modding potential.

A little disappointed. But ah well.

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

I hope you don't indulge in any frivolous and childish activities like darts, or pool when you're down the pub then.

I can see where you're going but not quite the same, going down the pub for a pint and game of pool is the natural progression from going round a mates house to play video games.....make sure you're back by 9.

I love video games, never once called them childish, just the thought of inviting a mate round takes me to my childhood.

Gaming now is when the missus is out or watching crap on TV, challenge yourself against people across Europe. To borrow and edit a Like from Forrest Gump, life is online gaming is like a box of chocolates ya never know what you're gonna get next....or something like that

2 hours ago, David said:

I can see where you're going but not quite the same, going down the pub for a pint and game of pool is the natural progression from going round a mates house to play video games.....make sure you're back by 9.

I love video games, never once called them childish, just the thought of inviting a mate round takes me to my childhood.

Gaming now is when the missus is out or watching crap on TV, challenge yourself against people across Europe. To borrow and edit a Like from Forrest Gump, life is online gaming is like a box of chocolates ya never know what you're gonna get next....or something like that

It is fun playing on the same team as a couple of mates though. Aside from it being a great feeling when you score quality team goals there's things you do off the ball that you don't get to do playing in your own, even against other humans. You can run off the ball, creating space for the one with the ball or try and stay onside while receiving a through ball etc. One of the aspects I don't like about playing on my Colin Todd is the crap runs the computer makes. 

22 hours ago, StringerBell said:

It is fun playing on the same team as a couple of mates though. Aside from it being a great feeling when you score quality team goals there's things you do off the ball that you don't get to do playing in your own, even against other humans. You can run off the ball, creating space for the one with the ball or try and stay onside while receiving a through ball etc. One of the aspects I don't like about playing on my Colin Todd is the crap runs the computer makes. 

I don't doubt you could score better goals playing together on a team, the runs are just something I've got used, that delay when you're hitting L1 can be frustrating at times but the feeling of beating another human player outweighs all that. 

I don't know why but grabbing a last minute equaliser is sooo much more satisfying when playing some random person as oppose to the computer. 

The anger as well that comes when you're getting absolutely hammered, rage quitting as 3-0 looks better than 4-0. 

The emotions it online games create takes the game on to a different level for me. Without the internet I wouldn't buy many games at all.

1 hour ago, David said:

I don't doubt you could score better goals playing together on a team, the runs are just something I've got used, that delay when you're hitting L1 can be frustrating at times but the feeling of beating another human player outweighs all that. 

I don't know why but grabbing a last minute equaliser is sooo much more satisfying when playing some random person as oppose to the computer. 

The anger as well that comes when you're getting absolutely hammered, rage quitting as 3-0 looks better than 4-0. 

The emotions it online games create takes the game on to a different level for me. Without the internet I wouldn't buy many games at all.

There's benefits to both online and offline and I like a bit of both. I used to play Call of Duty online in the modern warfare era. It's fun, a bit like paintball but on a computer. But I got killed a lot, which isn't that fun. I got into playing computer games because I like saving the world from aliens or escaping the haunted mansion etc, not getting bested by people who are better than me. In FIFA I like to win the league with Derby not get beat as often as I win. I like Star Wars and Battlefronts pretty good, but where's the single player? 

The best online experience I've had is a toss up between Left 4 Dead and the Portal 2 co-op (or 2 player as it used to be known.

Downloading Battlefield 1 now, giving it a fair chance. Not really the game for me tho going Lone Ranger but hey ho. Doctor told me yesterday I should walk more to help my knee out, plenty of walking in Battlefield games

Everyone see the new Nintendo console trailer?

Really like the look of it, I just hope it has the specs to deliver great looking games when it is docked for TV use.

This is the first Ninty console I have been excited about since the N64 was announced. For someone like me who spends a lot of time in hospital or incapacitated in bed this will be a great device. Yes the PS4 and XB1 has remote play ability to be able to move to another room or play elsewhere but the experience isnt the best, the Switch will be a better experience as it isnt relying on sending audio and visuals over a network and thus experience latency issues.

Oh...and the return of cartridges for a home console is sooooo cool.

38 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Everyone see the new Nintendo console trailer?

Really like the look of it, I just hope it has the specs to deliver great looking games when it is docked for TV use.

This is the first Ninty console I have been excited about since the N64 was announced. For someone like me who spends a lot of time in hospital or incapacitated in bed this will be a great device. Yes the PS4 and XB1 has remote play ability to be able to move to another room or play elsewhere but the experience isnt the best, the Switch will be a better experience as it isnt relying on sending audio and visuals over a network and thus experience latency issues.

Oh...and the return of cartridges for a home console is sooooo cool.

I dunno, I've not been sold on any Nintendo console since the N64. This just seems like another "gimmicky" attempt to be different, rather than try to compete with Sony or Microsoft. 

That's going to need some kind of battery too. 

Any one playing FUT on Fifa 17.

Done any squad building challenges? I've done a few but found they have been a waste of time and coins so far but I can see the potential. The best players I have seen was with the 2 rare golds you can get in exchange for 11 gold players but these were Mata and Handanovic.

Also anyone qualified for the weekend FUT Champs League? Lost in the final on pens last week to qualify :(