Rotherham interested in Roos loan

Day

Roos will hopefully get some great exposure to competitive football at Rotherham. He will have the chance to make a few saves in every game. Most of the top keepers have had some time in a relegation battling side at some point and they come out of it looking quite good. Just hope he is first choice.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long has Rawson gone for? Can Rawson be recalled? I assume not..

Six months, ends in January. Players can be recalled during transfer windows (I think). If we don't need him I expect it'll be extended in January.

I could be wrong but I think there's a recall option on keepers at any point of the season isn't there? If Roos was desperately needed or not playing, he could always come back.

Thanks Derby_County Loyal, Perfect for Rawson. He is built like a brick conservatory and will hopefully learn a few tricks to improve his game. I have him earmarked as a really good, long term, Centre Half for the first team.

Derby County’s highly-rated goalkeeper, Kelle Roos, has signed a new long-term deal with the club and will now spend the 2015/16 season on loan at fellow Sky Bet Championship side Rotherham United.

The 23-year-old Dutchman has committed his future to the Rams until the summer of 2018.

Roos will spend the entire season with Rotherham in order to gain further first-team match experience and build on the progress that he has made since signing for the club in January 2014.

The 'keeper, though, will be ineligible to feature in the Millers’ games against Derby.

Since signing for the club 18 months ago, the Dutch-born goalkeeper made five appearances for the club, featuring twice in the Capital One Cup and three times in the FA Cup last season.

He highlighted his potential with some impressive displays, keeping three clean sheets in the process. 

Derby County Head Coach Paul Clement is delighted Roos has agreed a new deal and commented: “Kelle is a talented young goalkeeper with a bright future and I feel he now needs the opportunity to get league games and more experience under his belt.

“We are pleased Rotherham are giving him this opportunity."

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/roos-pens-new-long-term-derby-deal-and-heads-out-on-loan-2548574.aspx#wp9h25ybAgKVJF0o.99

Derby County central defender Farrend Rawson has joined fellow Sky Bet Championship side Rotherham United on a youth loan.

The 19-year-old spent a month with Steve Evans’ side towards the end of last season, putting in some impressive performances in four Championship appearances before returning to the iPro Stadium and signing a new contract during the summer.

The Rams' Under 21 Captain has now re-joined the Millers in a deal that will run until January 2016.

Derby County Head Coach Paul Clement believes the move is an ideal opportunity for Rawson to continue his development.

He said: “Farrend can only benefit from a spell on loan playing first team football, and we are confident he will add to the positive experience he enjoyed last season at Rotherham.”

Adam Collin is their 1st choice pre Roos joining, he's a pretty desent keeper so there will be competition for the starting place. They also have Scott Loach but i wouldn't be surprised if he moves on as he's keen to play first team football even at a lower level

Adam Collin is their 1st choice pre Roos joining, he's a pretty desent keeper so there will be competition for the starting place. They also have Scott Loach but i wouldn't be surprised if he moves on as he's keen to play first team football even at a lower level

loach has gone to Notts County

literally came on the news that he was going 3 hours after I put that. 

I'm pleased the news that he was going was that exciting for you.

• 1 month later...

Archived