If we get promoted, would there be any real need to increase season ticket prices?

Rampage

After two recent attempts to get promotion to the Premiership, if we managed to do it this year, would there be any real need to increase season ticket prices? Derby fans have bought 22,000 tickets this year and the corporate boxes are all but full. As a percentage of the expected income received upon promotion would it be prudent and cost effective to invest in fans and to show appreciation by keeping season ticket prices steady. I personally do not think that the extra cash would prove to be make or break to keep us up so it would be the ultimate sign that the Club is about the fans. Can anyone produce any realistic figures on a likely price increase as a percentage of the projected income? Food for thought. Has anyone ever done a demographic study of the fanbase at DCFC if such a thing were possible. Derby need to have as many fans attending with their children as can be attained because this is the future of the Club.Man City in a different world to us, have recently provided 5-6,000 seats at £300 a season.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that a full IPro would be about the 11th-12th biggest crowd in the top flight. Now is the time to build for the future. How much would it cost to add 3,000 seats to the South Stand? if fans knew that extra season ticket money was going to a bigger South Stand I think that it would go down well.

I think that a full IPro would be about the 11th-12th biggest crowd in the top flight. Now is the time to build for the future. How much would it cost to add 3,000 seats to the South Stand? if fans knew that extra season ticket money was going to a bigger South Stand I think that it would go down well.

Let's have a few seasons selling out the seats we have first. Last thing we want is a half-full stadium when we're back down scrapping to stay in the championship.

£45 away tickets???

Swansea have 'capped' away ticket prices at £22, and have pledged to make up the difference to all their travelling fans. I would like to think that we would take a similar approach.

Don't know if this is better off on another thread? (1884 one for example) but could the club get in touch with other teams to do a reciprocal agreement - along the lines of Twenty is plenty? I know we did it two seasons ago with barnsley reciprocal pricing? Worth a go? I know the board want to run DCFC as a business, but more away fans at ipro, better atmosphere n money for the concessions, large derby away following giving us a more vocal following. 

of course, and so there should be. 

If we want to stay in the Premier League, we have to charge like for like and bring in relative revenue.

I think Mel was making the point that it won't be the first thing on the clubs mind to increase prices. Getting up there will please the money men for some time i imagine.

Once we've consolidated our position and qualified for the Champions league a couple of times i'm sure the ticket prices will creep up.

Cameaaderie between the fans and management staff is very difficult to achieve but it may reach new heights under this Team. 

Nah....if we end up mid table we know a back way in to Moor Farm from Locko Park where we can sneak in and boo the living daylights out of them.

Season ticket renewals start early in the year. At that stage neither fans nor club know which division we'll be in. Consequently, for our first season in the Premier League anyone renewing a season ticket will see no increase merely because of promotion. If we look like surviving at Christmas, the club will then have to make the decision. I'd expect something like a 10% increase for every season we are in the PL. Of course there are fewer matches in the PL so even if there is no actual increase, the nominal per match price will go up.

Archived