Dortmund stealing our song!!!

Chris Mills

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only genuinely unique DCFC song is Steve Bloomer's Watching and the way football plagiarises every song that ever got sung I'm wondering who will nick it from us first.

We stole it from Aussie rules football, I'm pretty sure of it.

EDIT: yes, yes we did.

Dortmund should come over to our place 1 day and teach us how to do it properly...

Finally, a great idea! 

A fan exchange with Dortmund, we can send 200 fans over there to teach them how to react when things aren't going so well, maybe introduce them to the concept of booing and scapegoating, whilst they can come over here and teach us how to bounce and support our team in tough times.

This is not Dortmund fans singing. They played a friendly game against Johor Darul Taksim (JDT for short) last Thursday. The fans singing are Malaysian's and you can make out the words 'JDT' before they continue in malay. 

Their ground is only a 15 minute drive and I've been to a few games before. Last time I went the stadium was full TWO HOURS before kick off. Atmosphere is amazing and they have a good repertoire of songs often using tunes from english songs but with completely different lyrics. I'd go to every game if I could but games start at 8:45pm (10pm during ramandan!) and its not easy to get tickets...

Archived