signings so far

simsdcfc

Who do you predict to be our best signing so far i.e impact on the team, score the most goals etc

Will be interesting to see how weiman ( or how ever you spell it)

For me though i think ince will score 15-20 goals and prob get goal of the season 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who do you predict to be our best signing so far i.e impact on the team, score the most goals etc

Will be interesting to see how weiman ( or how ever you spell it)

For me though i think ince will score 15-20 goals and prob get goal of the season 

Some of the the signings have been sick like Ince and Weeman but that Pearce and Carson won't score many goals i reckon. Don't know why they signed them.

We need more players to compete for places in the goal of the season. I reckon Le Tissier could still do a job. 

I think, the signings we have made so far have really improved the squad? We have strengthen the defence with Carson, Pearce and Baird arriving, also Baird can cover defensive midfield role,if Thorne gets injured.Bent will always score goals,and Wiemann and Ince give us that real X factor.I am really looking forward to seeing the team gel.Even got my tickets for Northampton away,I am sooooo excited.And to answer your question I think Wiemann and ince will prove to be the best signings.

If I'm going to be brutally honest:

Carson - I think we will be fortunate if he can get the Lee Grant's standard. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but I wouldn't have swapped Granty with him 12 months ago, six months ago or even two months ago. I hope I'm wrong. 

Pearce - I think he will be a good influence on the team, but based on the snippets and videos I have seen from last season, I'm not convinced. Hector stands out in comparison based on the 2/3 games and 7/8 highlights I've watched since he signed. Like Carson with Grant, I think we will be lucky if he's up to Buxton's standard. I do think he will act as a leader though. 

Baird - Not all signings will be match winners, but what we've got in Baird could be very important. We saw the impact Eustace had, so hopefully Baird can have the same impact. He seems very steady defensively and has played at the top level. I think he could well be an inspired signing. 

Weimann - He's an eye-catching player, who I'm hoping will flourish in the Championship. I do think this could go both ways. It sounds like he needs a system put it place otherwise he could well struggle. I just hope we can get him in that system.

Bent - Kevin Phillips circa 2007? He's a top quality finisher and has proven during his loan spell here that he's just too clever for most defenders at this level. I'd be surprised to see him score less than 15, in fact a little surprised if he doesn't clear 20. Obviously, if we're discounting injuries. 

Ince - He's the best attacking player in the Championship for me. No one is more proven over the past four/five seasons and he's been generally consistent at this level. Hard working, influential and can both create and score goals. I have no doubts he will be our best signing. If he stays fit then I imagine he will pick up the POTY award at the end of the season.

Overall, I would say 7.5/10 so far. 

If I'm going to be brutally honest:

Carson - I think we will be fortunate if he can get the Lee Grant's standard. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but I wouldn't have swapped Granty with him 12 months ago, six months ago or even two months ago. I hope I'm wrong. 

Pearce - I think he will be a good influence on the team, but based on the snippets and videos I have seen from last season, I'm not convinced. Hector stands out in comparison based on the 2/3 games and 7/8 highlights I've watched since he signed. Like Carson with Grant, I think we will be lucky if he's up to Buxton's standard. I do think he will act as a leader though. 

Baird - Not all signings will be match winners, but what we've got in Baird could be very important. We saw the impact Eustace had, so hopefully Baird can have the same impact. He seems very steady defensively and has played at the top level. I think he could well be an inspired signing. 

Weimann - He's an eye-catching player, who I'm hoping will flourish in the Championship. I do think this could go both ways. It sounds like he needs a system put it place otherwise he could well struggle. I just hope we can get him in that system.

Bent - Kevin Phillips circa 2007? He's a top quality finisher and has proven during his loan spell here that he's just too clever for most defenders at this level. I'd be surprised to see him score less than 15, in fact a little surprised if he doesn't clear 20. Obviously, if we're discounting injuries. 

Ince - He's the best attacking player in the Championship for me. No one is more proven over the past four/five seasons and he's been generally consistent at this level. Hard working, influential and can both create and score goals. I have no doubts he will be our best signing. If he stays fit then I imagine he will pick up the POTY award at the end of the season.

Overall, I would say 7.5/10 so far. 

I think ,Wiemann will be a top top signing,all villa fans I have spoken to really rate him,he will be to hot to handle.And having Carson means we have two good keepers at this level,so if Grant loses form like the end of last season ,we have a keeper to step in,will keep each other on there toes.I think at the end of last season Grant cost us 6 points,I do rate him but I think signing another keeper was a Very good move by us.so Overall I would say at this level 8.5/10.

Some of the the signings have been sick like Ince and Weeman but that Pearce and Carson won't score many goals i reckon. Don't know why they signed them.

We need more players to compete for places in the goal of the season. I reckon Le Tissier could still do a job. 

he does - he waters the hanging baskets on Knightwood Park in Chandlers Ford, where I live.

Keating the signings out of 10 in terms of importance to the team etc.

Carson- 6

Pearce- 7

Bent- 7.5

Weimann- difficult one, either 2 or 9

Ince- 9

Baird - 7

Carson 6 - Not honestly sure what to make of this. Wigan fans didn't seem to rate him, however he was in a poor team.

Pearce 7.5 

Bent 8

Good thing we snapped him up. Proven goal scorer - guaranteed to score atleast 20 if he stays fully fit. Most teams in this division would have him without a shadow of a doubt, experience is vital.

Weimann 8.5

As a lot of fans have said could go either way, but what a fantastic signing. It wasn't long ago he scored 2 against Manchester United! Not sure how we pulled it off, kudos to Sam Rush an co!! Really expected a Premier League team to snap him up like West Brom or Palace. Very exited to see him play.

Ince 9.5

Best signing for a loooong time. Best attacking midfielder in the championship without doubt, on his day, devastating. Premier League player imo.

Baird 7

Very good signing, vastly experienced, played top level footy for years,  20 + appearances last year in the PL for West Brom.

Fully expect Shackell to sign in the near future.

Archived