Budget

i-Ram

Can't believe it. Came on here thinking the usual suspects would have been on here moaning about the uncaring Tories, cutting this, cutting that. Obviously everyone agrees it was a jolly good budget then?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't looked too much into it yet but one thing I thought to be a bit disingenuous was announcing a new compulsory national "living wage" for anyone over 25 that is quite considerably lower than the actual living wage calculated by the Living Wage Foundation.

Nothing else really stood out for me, cutting of University maintenance grants will attract some moaners I'm sure, but in reality replacing them with loans will make very little difference in practice and in my opinion is fairer anyway.

£9 an hr seems very high for unskilled work, I guess this way they can reap an extra £1000 a year on Tax / NI. The 16-24 year olds in employment will increase. Don't think the budget will have have an effect on me, but haven't look at the changes fully...

True but with the way the wages havn't rose at all hardly for years seems fair. People can live instead of struggle I've always been on min wage even now on a **** wage and just surviving as my mother would say.

Still got clothes since I was 16 (11 years ago!!!).

I best have the snip... Already got three kids... Best not knock out anymore... Don't want anymore taxpayers in the future do they?

How much to have the snip private?  [:whistle:]

That's quite a steep flat rate, think that anyone who purchased prior to this budget should be exempt, surely that'd be an incentive to purchasing in the first place!

It's not coming in until 2017 but I can't see that there will be any exemptions.

Archived