Budget

i-Ram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too chuffed about them scrapping the cheap car tax bands and replacing it with £140 flat rate. Where's the incentive to buy a low CO2 car?.

That's baffled me a bit - I bet those in car sales are fuming. My 2 year old car is a £25 tax job. I was contemplating changing it in a year or so, but now I'll just probably hang on to it for as long as it still runs.

Way to stimulate the economy George Osborne you absolute bellend

That's baffled me a bit - I bet those in car sales are fuming. My 2 year old car is a £25 tax job. I was contemplating changing it in a year or so, but now I'll just probably hang on to it for as long as it still runs.

Way to stimulate the economy George Osborne you absolute bellend

The problem is that the car companies have been far too successful in reducing CO2, so the amount of road tax has been reducing & the Govt can't afford for that to continue. It's a huge proportion of new cars that don't pay any tax, which is the issue.

I would have increased the lower CO2 car tax bands slightly, so that even the cleanest cars pay something but hammered the highest polluting cars more, to make up the difference - ahhh but then I would be peeing off a lot of Tory voters with their big polluting cars. 

The problem is that the car companies have been far too successful in reducing CO2, so the amount of road tax has been reducing & the Govt can't afford for that to continue. It's a huge proportion of new cars that don't pay any tax, which is the issue.

I would have increased the lower CO2 car tax bands slightly, so that even the cleanest cars pay something but hammered the highest polluting cars more, to make up the difference - ahhh but then I would be peeing off a lot of Tory voters with their big polluting cars. 

I have a 2.3 turbo and I vote Labour .

Agreed

Interesting that they are also ring-fencing the VED money to invest in the road infrastructure. On the face of it that seems quite good, but wouldn't it be nice if they split it between investing in roads, cycle paths and public transport. It all seems very short-sighted.

Why should he touch pensioners ?.

its about trimming the deficit, why is state pension/pension credits ring fenced ? we have pensioners with vast fortunes and still paid the same as the poor.

sorry stats a bit dated 2012/13

41.8bn DWP Bill, 20bn was for pensions

Was just a general overview of the 10 million (Estimate on the 9.2 in 2011) / the 20 billion. Some will receive more than others, some won't receive any, but an average of £2000 per year seems a minor figure to me.

I'm more happy for my tax to contribute to the state pension, than I am to provide an alcoholic their weekly alcohol allowance...

Was just a general overview of the 10 million (Estimate on the 9.2 in 2011) / the 20 billion. Some will receive more than others, some wont receive any, but an average of £2000 per year seems a minor figure to me.

All the so called better off pensioners will most certainly pay more into the system than they receive, but its also true that many do not need it , I do .  

Was actually surprised by yesterday,

Being a disabled person who lives off ESA and DLA & has a partner who had to give up work to care for me full time I was expecting to have to pack my bags and find somewhere else to live, thankfully thats not the case.

Can't believe it. Came on here thinking the usual suspects would have been on here moaning about the uncaring Tories, cutting this, cutting that. Obviously everyone agrees it was a jolly good budget then?

The budget was another disastrous leap towards a divided country. The future is going to be pretty awful for anyone who can't fend for themselves and the families that will have to care for them.....there's only been a very short period in british history where the poor and sick have had a chance of anything like a reasonable standard of living, unfortunately that is now coming to an end.

There's no point moaning about it now. Labour have moved too close to the Tories on the major issues to put up any sort of real alternative to the short termism of the "only way is austerity" brigade. They are more worried about selecting a leader that The Sun approves of than one that may act in the interests of the majority.

I personally have given up and accept the fact that its everyone for themselves now, the community spirit that used to bind us together has been sucked up by the Tory press representing the top 1% and divided us into a scared and fearful nation that instead of blaming those running the show, blame the people in the next street.

I may find the energy at some point to support localism to try and stem the worst of the vulture capitalists attacks on our way of life, maybe local co-ops will spring up with caring volunteers and people pooling resources to eke out some kind of caring society in a very small way, but at the moment, all i can see is a stark and vicious future with gated areas, private security patrols and ghetto's of Americanesque depravity with a terrified middle desperately trying to join one group and even more desperately trying to keep out of the other.

The most infuriating part of it, wasnt the budget at all, which doesnt seem TOO bad.

But Ian Duncan Smith celebrating while it was being read out, as if he didnt know exactly what was about to be said.

I mean, this is a man who is in control of millions of peoples lives, and he's acting like a f*cking 12 year old. 

Even if you assumed that it was benefiting the country as a whole, whatever party was reading it out, you would know that it's going to negatively effect certain peoples lives in some shape or form. You can just stand there and listen with a degree of compassion or seriousness?

But no, you're stood there fist pumping like an absolute f*cking tosser. A man who works for us, the people.

This world isnt for me. 

Archived