Belper Town v Derby County XI

Day

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I feel the urge to make a Hilter YouTube video with him being told that Lathams has gone, the Pottery Service Station is run by Indians and there's a mini co-op behind the Greyhound.

Lathams? Does that matter. They were crackers.

Born in Wales, lived in Milford , try again!

Does Thornton's count? Not a person but bloody good toffee.

Ross Davenport? Olympic medallist?

After the game nip in the George and Dragon, they have great bands on on Friday night with the mighty Taj kebab shop nearby. last train back to Derby 23.16.

That'll definitely be on list, as well as the Riflemans.

Does Thornton's count? Not a person but bloody good toffee.

Ross Davenport? Olympic medallist?

That'll definitely be on list, as well as the Riflemans.

Sadly i will miss the game as i will be watching Derbyshire at Trent Bridge.

Closer to Duffield isn't it?

Nope,

Though i depends what part you are in. Hopping Hill is the Belper end. Sunny Hill is the Duffield end. The tension on the bridge between the two ends of town as the local youth compare their Latin homework is palpable.

1.4 miles to Duffield and 2.1 to Belper according to AA route planner, I'm always right me

2.1 miles is the distance to Makeney. the other side of Milford. You can't get the AA route planner to do Belper to Milford, because it's effectively part of Belper. 

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp#fromNode=0|Belper||-1.477616|53.024390|toNode=0|Makeney||-1.477710|52.997786

Why are we playing this game. Belper were woeful last season finishing bottom of the Northern Premier League. Would have gone if it was Matlock quality location and they gave us a game last season.Indeed might pop up there tonight as they are at Home to Chesterfield

Why do I feel the urge to make a Hilter YouTube video with him being told that Lathams has gone, the Pottery Service Station is run by Indians and there's a mini co-op behind the Greyhound.

Aha - now you're on my manor. My mate at school used to work in the Pottery service station and the Greyhound was easy to pop into from High School when in 6th form for a swift half at lunch.

Dave Millington won't like competition in  the mini-market stakes though. I remember him cleaning up in the 70's when there were power cuts by offering "free candles". He'd sellotaped individual candles to bags of sugar and such like, inflated his prices and bingo! The spirit of free enterprise.

And my folks live on the "new estate". Where we lived was the "new estate" of a few decades earlier.

Aha - now you're on my manor. My mate at school used to work in the Pottery service station and the Greyhound was easy to pop into from High School when in 6th form for a swift half at lunch.

Dave Millington won't like competition in  the mini-market stakes though. I remember him cleaning up in the 70's when there were power cuts by offering "free candles". He'd sellotaped individual candles to bags of sugar and such like, inflated his prices and bingo! The spirit of free enterprise.

And my folks live on the "new estate". Where we lived was the "new estate" of a few decades earlier.

Millingtons is now run by Asians.

Archived