Tories cancel electrification on the railway

Ovis aries

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense to me, if the costs have gone up either scrap or recalculate and make priorities.

Well, seeing as the electrification of the Midland Main line was first proposed something like 35 years ago, it's never going to happen. Agreed about priorities, though.

The Tories have got to preserve bankers' bonuses.

Makes sense to me, if the costs have gone up either scrap or recalculate and make priorities.

But they campaigned heavily on this with the "Northern Powerhouse" Bullshit. Do you honestly think they didn't know about this a month ago?

They lied.

But they campaigned heavily on this with the "Northern Powerhouse" Bullshit. Do you honestly think they didn't know about this a month ago?

They lied.

Exactly, but if people are stupid enough to buy it what can you do!?

They lied.

I have no idea whether they knew about it two months ago, I would be guessing as you are. I don't think for a minute that regeneration of northern towns / cities is dependent on the electrification of a train line. The trains will still run.

Looks like they are planning to reduce tax for those earning over £150k while taking money off the working poor and disabled.

If it was a film you'd think it was far fetched.

Wunch of bankers.

Looks like they are planning to reduce tax for those earning over £150k while taking money off the working poor and disabled.

If it was a film you'd think it was far fetched.

Me: "I'm disabled"

Random Tory: "Right, we'll have 3 grand a year back off you"

Me: "But I don't claim any benefits"

Random Tory: "So?"

So your one of these useless scroungers I keep hearing about. 

Indeed.

I get free hearing aids and a free hip.

Parasite, me.

Indeed.

I get free hearing aids and a free hip.

Parasite, me.

taking the easy route and choosing to be disabled, shame on you.

as for the poor. If taking money away from people with no money isn't an incentive to not be poor then I have no ideas.

Archived