Sir Bradley Wiggins hour record

TelTheRam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slowing a tiny bit now, with 10 minutes to go, but it still looks as though he's going to smash it by around a kilometre.

Phenomenal athlete.

Set up, no other individual will get the support he has received to achieve this

The reason he gets the support is because of the amazing talent he has got, which then attracts support, sponsorship and so on. Same with Mo Farah - what a huge amount of support that guy gets too. And don't get me started on Andy Murray - pah!. Anyone could have achieved what he has given the same support and privileged start in life. Seb Coe - privileged toff, born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Same with Stephen Redgrave. Undeserving, the lot of them. Never have achieved anything if they'd have been forced to go down t'pit.

:p

Sorry Deano, I think I disagree with you.

The reason he gets the support is because of the amazing talent he has got, which then attracts support, sponsorship and so on. Same with Mo Farah - what a huge amount of support that guy gets too. And don't get me started on Andy Murray - pah!. Anyone could have achieved what he has given the same support and privileged start in life. Seb Coe - privileged toff, born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Same with Stephen Redgrave. Undeserving, the lot of them. Never have achieved anything if they'd have been forced to go down t'pit.

Talent, really? He wouldn't even get to the semi finals on BGT if all he did was cycle in a circle. 

Talent, really? He wouldn't even get to the semi finals on BGT if all he did was cycle in a circle. 

​I honestly just had to look up what 'BGT' stands for.

That reflects more badly on you than it does on me.

:D

The reason he gets the support is because of the amazing talent he has got, which then attracts support, sponsorship and so on. Same with Mo Farah - what a huge amount of support that guy gets too. And don't get me started on Andy Murray - pah!. Anyone could have achieved what he has given the same support and privileged start in life. Seb Coe - privileged toff, born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Same with Stephen Redgrave. Undeserving, the lot of them. Never have achieved anything if they'd have been forced to go down t'pit.

Bugger!

Thought you were backing me to the hilt on this one, i was convinced you were Eddie the eagle?

Bugger!

Thought you were backing me to the hilt on this one, i was convinced you were Eddie the eagle?

​Sorry. I'm a few years older than that Eddie.

I haven't many sporting heroes, but Sir Bradley is right up there alongside Daley Thompson and Cloughie (Sir Bradley is proper working-class, no privileged upbringing, brought up by his mum while his dad walked out on them when he was just two, had to live with his gran, dirt poor etc etc).

The word legend gets thrown around far too much in sport.....but Wiggins IS a legend. Awesome athlete, one of the best  cyclists ever. 

But hey, let's get on his back because he is confident in his ability and has a bit of character.....

And a bland loser like Henman or a fun loser like Bruno adored by everyone..!

Archived