Has chris evans got off lightly?

RamNut

The signings of Darren Bent, Tom Ince and Jordon Ibe on loan and George Thorne on a permanent would suggest he's done alright; 4 excellent players we wouldn't have had a chance of signing before Evans came in.

Also, why does everyone have to be criticised or blamed?

We under-achieved last season but it's done now and therefore counter-productive to still be trying to pin the blame on someone. Get over it!

⬆️ That couldn't agree more. Onwards and upwards. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent points well made.And agree with most...

the problem I have with all the usual tittle tattle on Twitter is that if Brayford was better... Why is he playing his trade at Sheffield United, dropping out of the championship where he was beginning to be a regular in a Cardiff side that will probably resemble us a few seasons ago?

One word. Ambition... The lack of it from him. That's why I think he wouldn't do us any good again... Comfortable being mediocre.

I know people will go.... What about Ince.... Bent etc dropping down... We were an attractive "sell" at the time and maybe we will be again now. Players and agents may see us as the big time Charlie's of the championship... That's the way I see us at present 

Plus Brayfords currently got a long term injury. 

Christie was fine when he had a wide midfielder in front of him who knew how to track back !!   Similarly Fozzy when he had LCB who would automatically cover .    Ince did NO tracking back. He may have got us goals but he is a maverick with no inclination .  Like IBE was until we taught him to be a team player  Lingard just did his own thing. ..........   It wasn't all down to the back  5 ........  

​Keogh played very well at the start of the season and Christie was awesome at the same time. But when Keogh started to do mistakes and blamed/yelled Christie for those, he completely lost it.

Really don't understand why people say Ince wasn't tracking back, it's a load of *****. Completely fabricated and has become the recieved wisdom. Speaking of Wisdom, that myth that Andre Wisdom never pushed forward is another load of *****.

Who makes up this dross? You're giving the armchair fans the wrong idea.

Ah. The Brendan Rodgers defence...

Mac had the final choice on transfers. He wasn't handed Ryan Shotton and told "here, make a Championship class defender out of him". He chose Shotton, and chose poorly. Warnock and Lingard, it was made very clear to us that McClarens contacts came in handy their. Pulled some strings with his old mates at United and he was the England manager who gave Warnock his first England callup. Neither of those would have been here under another manager.

​Oh good god that's bad.

In my defence, I'd not long woken up.

Only 3 days ago it was made clear again that the manager (Clement) would have final say on new signings.  I have no idea than the next man but my instincts are that whilst Evans would have been involved, Bent and Warnock, and less so Shotton, were MacLaren picks.  At this stage I am happy he is staying because a) he hasn't played footsie with Newcastle and b) the next 12 months will be interesting to see if Calero, Koblenz, Bunky and Sswanky can break through. If 2 of those do, he is doing his job IMO.

CE seems to be getting a bit of stick, from a few, regarding the quality of some of HIS signings.  In particular, Shotton, Warnock, Bent, Pearce and now Carson.  Not sure they might all be CE picks, I think Warnock might have been a Mac thought, but nonetheless if you play Warnock to his strengths which is as holding left back supporting rather than overlapping his more forward colleagues, he is still a good performer in the Championship. He does not have the attacking threat that Fozzy has, which means he does suffer in direct comparison. However my point is that with the other 4, they are all proven premier league performers, they are all still quite young, and they cost capital wise very little - I guess less than £1m total outlay on all 4.  If we have a good season, and I think we will, and they all make a contribution, even if they might not be what we need IF we go up, they could all undoubtedly generate an improved capital value.  Signing the next Messi and Iniesta is what dreams are made off but bread and butter signings can prove to be almost as rewarding, with a lot less of the risk.

Archived