SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

New right back Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne  Hughes

Weimann       Ince        Russell

Martin

I think that team could win the league. Potentially signing our rival's players is another bonus

Even better when you think we'll have a bench of: Grant, Albentosa, Shotton, Hendrick, Bryson, Dawkins, Bent, All players which could walk straight into other championship teams, It's now or never with the money we're spending! 

​It was something I touched on a while ago.. 18 starts upfront for Villa and he has returned seven goals. 

Great record. He just needs to be played in the right position. 

I should imagine that whatever malaise showed itself in the last thirteen games of last season will be short lived next season. If you are not training well and not playing well then you could find yourself looking for a new club. Some players may already have formed the opinion that being first choice is unlikely. I should imagine that the U21s will be thinking that getting into first team will probably be harder than it was last year.Cover for the defensive midfield position now looks the highest priority should we get Weiman, Ince and Shackell. After that it is the full back positions that need attention. Some wages will be much higher and this could cause friction but already we are looking like a Club determined to get promotion next year. The Manager and various players have clearly stated that top two is the target.

Who do you think are Derby's top three rivals should we get our target signings? Middlesbrough, Burnley and Hull for me.

I should imagine that whatever malaise showed itself in the last thirteen games of last season will be short lived next season. If you are not training well and not playing well then you could find yourself looking for a new club. Some players may already have formed the opinion that being first choice is unlikely. I should imagine that the U21s will be thinking that getting into first team will probably be harder than it was last year.Cover for the defensive midfield position now looks the highest priority should we get Weiman, Ince and Shackell. After that it is the full back positions that need attention. Some wages will be much higher and this could cause friction but already we are looking like a Club determined to get promotion next year. The Manager and various players have clearly stated that top two is the target.

Who do you think are Derby's top three rivals should we get our target signings? Middlesbrough, Burnley and Hull for me.

​Boro or Burnley won't be there

PistoldPete2

Quote - Boro or Burnley won't be there

Who will be there, Jimbobram?

I think Boro and burnley will be main rivals. Burnley have lost ings and may lose more, including shackell. Will boro get bam bam back I don't know, but they will still have quality. We still need to strengthen the squad, but we look keen to do just that. Hull need to hang onto their best players too. 

I think Boro and burnley will be main rivals. Burnley have lost ings and may lose more, including shackell. Will boro get bam bam back I don't know, but they will still have quality. We still need to strengthen the squad, but we look keen to do just that. Hull need to hang onto their best players too. 

Boro have lost Bamford and Vossen so shouldn't be up there, Burnley will be strong, I expect Hull, Reading and Sheff Wed to put in a good fight but really top 2 will be us and Burnley! 

James McClean of Wigan supposedly going to WBA  for £1.5 million perhaps  makes Ince and possibly Weimann look somewhat cheap.

FTFY.

McClean is a half-decent Championship player, why WBA are signing him god only knows! 

9 goals and 10 assists from 73 appearances at this level. It's a lot less prolific than Jamie Ward at this level. It took 16 games for Ince at Derby to outscore McClean's 9 in 73.

I'd have been about as happy as signing McClean for £1.5m than I would have been as signing Carson for a nominal fee. 

I'd have kept Ward over McClean and we all agree we need better.

Ward played 21 games, most of them were good performances. We need someone to play 40 games at the same level. Pulis is no fool. We will see how he goes. Our expectations have rocketed but we have so far signed two free transfers and a fairly nominal fee for Carson. When we get Weimann, Ince and Shackell, then I will agree with you.

Archived