Britain's Got Talent

Day

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you sing classical/jazz songs, or can only sing a few songs, it's much easier to win Britain's Got Talent. Plus BGT probably has fewer entrants so singers figure it's easier to win. 

I'm no expert though, haven't watched it in 5 years 

The last time I watched this I witnessed three country bumpkins bouncing wheelbarrows around on stage to raucous applause from the audience.

It's a 21st century knobbly knees competition, but I agree. Somehow, the want to be student union novelty appearance singers manage to cheapen even this paltry village fete.

Accidentally saw some of this just now! Who the hell is the fat ginger kid doing an aerobic workout and how does that count as talent? Everyone's giving him big licks so I'm sure Queenie will love watching him when the time comes. Oh, and not many of the acts seems to be British or even living in Britain. Oh and yes, I have watched more of this than I'm prepared to admit!

I kind of get the singers. They've often got something that sets them apart from singers on the x-factor, like they're too young for x-factor, or they write songs or play an instrument, something they wouldn't be allowed to show off on x-factor as much. It's funny to think they could win the whole thing by just singing three songs though. Susan Boyle sang three songs and didn't even win, but still got a couple f albums out if it. Yet someone could go through several teirs of auditions, 5 live shows and get voted off in a mediocre 6th place ok x-factor, and they're never seen again. 

I I don't get the dance acts though. Why don't they do Got to Dance on Sky 1? 

BGT should be about pure variety, weird **** you'd probably never see anywhere else. Like glue in the dark Ukrainians, dancing dogs or trampolining pensioners. I love that stuff. 

The kestrel which took out the sparrow in my garden this morning had talent.

And talons.

Feathers everywhere. 

them sparras are mean beasts !

​The rest of the birdies tried to mob the kestrel - it was like watching a bunch of 12 year old Chelsea headhunters all pretending to be hard, trying to take out the big Millwall docker (we're talking 1960's football hooligans here). The Chelsea wa*kers didn't stand a chance.

Archived