15/16 Summer Transfers & Rumours

Day

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abou Diaby to have medical at WBA this weekend. Would be a great signing IF he is fit and IF he can stay fit.

That guy would be a fantastic player if he stayed fit. Can glide around the pitch like he's not putting any effort in.

Yeah, on the few occasions and bits I've seen he is exceptional at linking up play. I would have to say that Clement will have seen these players day in and day out for two years though. I do think anyone leaving Real Madrid for a Championship club that has a lot of potential will be our pick first.

Osede and Harper look like very promising signings, but Clement obviously doesn't fancy them.

does Clement actually has any say on who our targets are? 

Ibrahim Afellay having a medical at Stoke, hasn't played much for the last few years

Stoke have had a tough time this window in the search for a winger. Main target was Konoplyanka and after weeks of mucking about he rejected them in favour of Sevilla. Next they went for Shaqiri and he rejected them. After that they went for Yarmolenko and that didn't work out. And finally they're getting Afellay just 2 weeks before the season

Didn't Yarmolenko say he was too good to play for Stoke but admitted they have improved?

Yeah he said, 'Stoke were completely different then and looked like Volyn Lutsk. They now play differently. Stoke no longer hit balls at random and take long throw-ins.'

Archived