why no club comment?

I cannot believe the club have not made any official comment regarding the backing or sacking of Mac.

We are not talking just rumour on this site, but also BBC sport, Sky sports and newspaper media, if it was just wide speculation then the club could squash that rumour with a simple statement. But no, they will not do this, obversely this means there is no backing of Mac at Derby and he's out .......

What does this say to any prospective candidate?

The other thing is why now?

What has changed since Mac turned down toon after the Reading game?

Why is Morris now getting so involved, after all he still is a minority share holder?

No, the club could have squashed this shoddy episode one way or another Thursday night.......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe the club have not made any official comment regarding the backing or sacking of Mac.

We are not talking just rumour on this site, but also BBC sport, Sky sports and newspaper media, if it was just wide speculation then the club could squash that rumour with a simple statement. But no, they will not do this, obversely this means there is no backing of Mac at Derby and he's out .......

Why is Morris now getting so involved, after all he still is a minority share holder?

No, the club could have squashed this shoddy episode one way or another Thursday night.......

​Hmmm!!! Someone else could have squashed all speculation a few months ago.

There was never an official approach from toon till Saturday night after the Reading game and it was dealt with.

​Citation required

You can't announce something that hasn't happened yet.

DCFC isn't a software company.

​Some of the fans are soft though

Mel Morris is supposedly going to be the new chairman,so got lots of say on club matters

​.... or will have lots to say on club matters.

My guess, they want to get rid of him without paying compensation, any comment made by them could be used to claim constructive dismissal.  Let them get on with it they hopefully know better than us.  I know it is frustrating but I would prefer him to go with the least amount of financial damage to our club, just p155 off to toon or wherever it is please

Regardless of unofficial or official approaches the club was in freefall from February/March time onwards something in the background is amiss. With the squad we started this season with never mind the three premier league loan signings made in January the top 6 was a bare minimum target this season. Finishing below (with respect) Ipswich and the two promoted sides is simply unacceptable regardless of how well they played this season with our resources in comparison this should not have happened and any have decent leader would have put a stop to the almighty collapse, Macca is a fantastic coach no doubts about it but he's been shown up by far more inexperienced guys at Watford, Boro, Bournemouth and Norwich and having set the criteria at the season start sadly because he is still a club legend for season before, playing career and assistant to the bald eagle he has to go the club are entitled to that. They're looking for a way out to minimise financial losses hence trying to blame him for the Newcastle saga which I don't entirely agree with. 

Archived