Meet Jax the hyper Jack Russell

Day

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Health check passed, had his first injections. Next Thursday has his second lot, can go out for walks 5 days later. 

Moving him on to Barking Heads food, 55% human grade chicken and salmon, better than the Bakers stuff that has 4% and the rest is the sweepings off the floor, will be on it fully tomorrow, last 50/50 day today.

Trained outside now to wee and poo although still has the odd accident inside, bit of a pain today tho as it's pissing it down, had to stand out there with him for .

Responds to Jax no, will stop what he's doing instantly.

Also will sit on command.

Lead training bit of a pain, more like dragging him along the floor at the moment, still time tho.

Get's along alright with the cats, kind off. He wan't to play, they don't.

Will sleep in his crate fine unless I'm in the next room, if I'm upstairs you won't hear a peep out of him

Health check passed, had his first injections. Next Thursday has his second lot, can go out for walks 5 days later. 

Moving him on to Barking Heads food, 55% human grade chicken and salmon, better than the Bakers stuff that has 4% and the rest is the sweepings off the floor, will be on it fully tomorrow, last 50/50 day today.

Trained outside now to wee and poo although still has the odd accident inside, bit of a pain today tho as it's pissing it down, had to stand out there with him for .

Responds to Jax no, will stop what he's doing instantly.

Also will sit on command.

Lead training bit of a pain, more like dragging him along the floor at the moment, still time tho.

Get's along alright with the cats, kind off. He wan't to play, they don't.

Will sleep in his crate fine unless I'm in the next room, if I'm upstairs you won't hear a peep out of him

​bloody hell, can you marshal a championship defence by any chance ?

mate, I cannot wait til the day when I'm home long enough to be able to train a puppy. I miss having a dog so much it hurts. But the responsible adult in me says I am out of the house too long to leave a baby dog at home alone.

I get a lot of time with him so whilst I've done a lot with him in a week, been a lot of hours work. 

First dog I've ever personally owned so but of a learning curve myself, knew I'd have my hands full but didn't realise how full.

Only now do I realise you can't just leave them alone all day everyday, be unfair on them and I'm guessing training would take months longer. 

I get a lot of time with him so whilst I've done a lot with him in a week, been a lot of hours work. 

First dog I've ever personally owned so but of a learning curve myself, knew I'd have my hands full but didn't realise how full.

Only now do I realise you can't just leave them alone all day everyday, be unfair on them and I'm guessing training would take months longer. 

​when they get to a certain age, if they've been looked after and know they're not being abandoned, you can leave them alone for ages and they'll just sleep all day, and occasionally chew up your mail, as long as you then tire them out when you do get home, and make lots of fuss, it'll be okay. Most puppies are hyper anyway, but about 3 years old, you can disappear for 12 hours and they don't care as long as there's food and water about!

Archived