Meet Jax the hyper Jack Russell

Day

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics those. Been holding off taking mine to training, might be selfish of me but I just feel like I get more of a sense of achievement teaching him myself. 

If I can't improve his recall whilst out I'll have to take him.

Great pics those. Been holding off taking mine to training, might be selfish of me but I just feel like I get more of a sense of achievement teaching him myself. 

do you ask him what day it was yesterday or something?

high value treats and gradually increase the levels of distraction. Really tough nut to crack. 

Tried his usual treats, also cut up hot dog sausages, comes back a couple times but others just blatantly ignores you. 

Take a squeaker out as well that he ripped out a toy, again, occasionally works.

Only way I can be sure to get him is turn around and walk the other way, soon realises and legs it jumping up at me like you forgot me ya ****.

Yeah they say, wanted one for years, before I ever had cats but the ex said no, guessing she wanted to be the only dog in the house. Anyhow, I read they were one of the hardest to train, stubborn little things, mind of their own and they'll do what the **** they want. They also said it's not a great choice for a first time owner, well me being me thought I can handle this, stubborn my arse, they want to see how stubborn I can be.

He won.

For now. 

• 3 months later...

Nah, ate through that crappy old sofa bed thing I had that he could get under but we've got a proper one now. Not damaged any part of the house or furniture.

As I work from home he's not left all day so boredom doesn't set in and we've got him really well crate trained.....saying that, didn't really train him as from day 1 he's never barked or cried in there, sleeps in it during the day with the door open as well, he's never left out in the house at night or when we're both out 

Amazing, I've been really lucky with him, loves other dogs and people as well, still has a little excited pee when the missus family come round so have to take him outside to say hello and that.

Even the DPD courier knows him well now and I can just open the door and let them do there thing for a few minutes.

Never barked, growled or shown any aggression to anyone or another dog. Happiest dog I swear you'll ever meet

Archived