Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen that Wolves are chasing that Dwight Gayle chap from Palace as they want him sold. He'd fit in perfect with our current attackers, fast striker who scores goals. That great chipped shot he scored against us couple years back (ruled offside) was fantastic, always remember him for that.

​I believe you are confused. Wolves are reported to be after Gale not us.

​No, I'm not confused at all, as in my initial post I stated that Wolves are after Gayle not Derby. However, this is a suggestion thread, so I suggested him as a possible signing if he is transfer listed by Palace..

I'd like to see us play similar to Middlesborough

What?  Boring anti-football where we just grind out 1-0 wins with ultra defensive football?  Get our noses in front and shut up shop?

I really hope that doesn't prove to be the case.

What?  Boring anti-football where we just grind out 1-0 wins with ultra defensive football?  Get our noses in front and shut up shop?

I really hope that doesn't prove to be the case.

There are Pros to that style though - it wins you football games and gives you good chance to be up there.

However, I agree with your sentiment. It's our current style, which I think most of us prefer. Winning 3-1 is better than 1-0. We need to tighten up at the back, but not change our ethos. If we can hone our identity, we will be in good shape when we finally go up ala Saints and Swansea

​No, I'm not confused at all, as in my initial post I stated that Wolves are after Gayle not Derby. However, this is a suggestion thread, so I suggested him as a possible signing if he is transfer listed by Palace..

With Gayle on the Wolves shortlist, perhaps we can make a move for Afobe? Young striker, quick and strong - exactly what we need as an option.

With Gayle on the Wolves shortlist, perhaps we can make a move for Afobe? Young striker, quick and strong - exactly what we need as an option.

Already seen reports that they are fighting of premiership interest for afobemand talking about 5mill bids.

What has someone already brought him up? If they have I apologise...

Still think he's a good option

​I think he's absolutely woeful. A big time charlie who thinks he's already 'there' in terms of the game. 

I'd rather have Lingard back!

Declan Rudd maybe an option for GK? He would feature much for Norwich now they've gone up and for a goalkeeper he's still pretty young at 24. If we kept Grant and bought in Rudd, he could ply his trade from Grant - who is very good technically. Let's be honest, Roos isn't ready to start games in the Championship yet. I'd loan him out, bring Rudd in and see if he can make the No. 1 shirt his own.

Thoughts on:-

RUDD

CHRISTIE   KEOGH   SMITH  FORSYTH

GUÉDIOURA   THORNE

HUGHES

INCE                  MARTIN           RUSSELL

Bench: Grant, Albentosa, Shotton, Bryson, Hendrick, Bent, Loanee Winger (Pritchard?), Potentially Eustace and Youth available.

Obviously, it involves spending a bit - but we need to at this stage because we need quality. I saw someone make the point on here about us favouring quantity over quality at the back and I agree. If you spent £2-3 million on Ince, then £1-2 million on Smith you've already strengthened massively in key areas. Rudd may be about £400-500k and Guedioura around £900k-1m.

Ambitiously, overall you've spent about £5-6 million and you have yourself a team worthy of winning the league. Anyone want to float the idea over to the recruitment team or shall I?                  

I also mentioned earlier potentially Afobe as an option at front and potentially out wide. It may be unrealistic but a nice idea nonetheless, eh?

Oh, and sell Sammon and Buxton. 

Why are so many people hellbent on replacing our keeper with ones that are no better, and even paying for the privilege to do so...

Federici, Bogdan, Al Habsi, now Rudd. It's ridiculous. Why waste money on a replacement on Grant when it's not necessary. Unless we can get someone considerably better or as good but considerably younger, there's no point.

Signing Norwich's back-up keeper who has played 10 games for them since 2008 would be needless. He's had one full season at League One level and that makes him good enough to waltz in and be our number one.

Crazy.

Why are so many people hellbent on replacing our keeper with ones that are no better, and even paying for the privilege to do so...

Federici, Bogdan, Al Habsi, now Rudd. It's ridiculous. Why waste money on a replacement on Grant when it's not necessary. Unless we can get someone considerably better or as good but considerably younger, there's no point.

Signing Norwich's back-up keeper who has played 10 games for them since 2008 would be needless. He's had one full season at League One level in League One and that makes him good enough to waltz in and be our number one.

Crazy.

​Madness.

Archived