Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

After what happened this year we cant rely on George and Eustace so we need a.n.other. No Johnny foreigner this time. Must be someone out there.......

I'm telling thee.....

Birdcnut or poyet.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like bridcutt very solid at champ level

...or kyle dempsey - who played against us for carlisle last season.

Sam Morsy from Chesterfield? Been linked with a few Champ clubs and can't see him staying now they're staying down. He's like a much more mobile version of Eustace and is a good passer, would be the perfect replacement for Mascarell. And obviously we'd have a little advantage over other Champ clubs as he wouldn't need to move house

​Federici conceded a howler against Arsenal just the other week in a major game, hasn't that been the basis of your criticism of Grant?

But he played a blinder up until that moment, did he not? I can't imagine many other goalkeepers have made quite so many errors of judgement or lapses of concentration. Admittedly, Grant can be a solid goalkeeper but as Federici and Bogdan are free - does it not tempt you?

Barton???? He's a nasty player but that might help in our midfield? 

​I agree and could see this happening. Our team is too nice at the moment (even more so now Ward has gone). Barton will provide that nastiness, is captain material, has a lot of experience and I believe is out of contract this summer so will be available on a free. He went up in my estimation with his classy reaction at Wembley (admittedly it was easier after that result but still...). He has spoken highly of McClaren from his coaching time at QPR. Wages aside it's a no brainer for me.

But he played a blinder up until that moment, did he not? I can't imagine many other goalkeepers have made quite so many errors of judgement or lapses of concentration. Admittedly, Grant can be a solid goalkeeper but as Federici and Bogdan are free - does it not tempt you?

​Nope, especially not Bogdan, always considered him to be very average.

Federici is a good keeper, no doubt but so is Grant. 95% of his time in net since he ahs returned to the club, he has been magnificent while often not getting the recognition he deserves due to the added consistency of his performances.
A few mistakes and fans look to replace him, it's ridiculous, especially considering just how good he's been for us!

Grant

Wisdom         Keogh      Shackell      Forsyth

Thorne

Pritchard   Hughes

Ince                                                   Russell

Martin

Barton Bent etc on bench...

What a team this would be

Grant

Wisdom         Keogh      Shackell      Forsyth

Thorne

Pritchard   Hughes

Ince                                                   Russell

Martin

Barton Bent etc on bench...

What a team this would be

​A tiny bit lightweight in midfield given that Ince and Pritchard would go forward a lot. 

Having said that it would probably be compensated by Wisdom not getting forward too often and Thorne patrolling the midfield for them.

​A tiny bit lightweight in midfield given that Ince and Pritchard would go forward a lot. 

Having said that it would probably be compensated by Wisdom not getting forward too often and Thorne patrolling the midfield for them.

​Indeed, although if we were facing tougher teams we could have 2 holding mids, Barton and Thorne.

Thankfully im not the manager as even suggesting the team is a tough job, let alone all the stuff they have to deal with behind the scenes

​Nope, especially not Bogdan, always considered him to be very average.

Federici is a good keeper, no doubt but so is Grant. 95% of his time in net since he ahs returned to the club, he has been magnificent while often not getting the recognition he deserves due to the added consistency of his performances.
A few mistakes and fans look to replace him, it's ridiculous, especially considering just how good he's been for us!

​Haven't you been saying get rid of Keogh under the exact same circumstances? (Sorry if I have the wrong guy, cant be bothered to look).

Barton . . . ugh

the bloke is an absolute tit, can you imagine the negative effect he would have on our young squad, not to mention him blowing up at times when things don't go his way. Negativity has followed him wherever he's been, Some even suggesting him as captain?? he was captain of the QPR squad who just got relegated after that pathetic display at Man City, he didnt really give a toss.

we're better than that 

​I agree and could see this happening. Our team is too nice at the moment (even more so now Ward has gone). Barton will provide that nastiness, is captain material, has a lot of experience and I believe is out of contract this summer so will be available on a free. He went up in my estimation with his classy reaction at Wembley (admittedly it was easier after that result but still...). He has spoken highly of McClaren from his coaching time at QPR. Wages aside it's a no brainer for me.

I'm not massive fan of Barton but he is the type of player we need. Free agent as well so worth a try anyway I'd be happy if he's joining us. Will be interesting summer ahead. 

He is one of those niggly idiots who seem to cause you problems a bit like Savage always better to see them in your camp. Always a massive risk he loses the plot a few times and spends half the season banned. Can't see Schteve taking that gamble tbh

Grant
New(RB) Keogh New(CB) Forsyth
Thorne
Hughes Hendrick
New(RW) Martin Russell

Bench: Roos, Shotton, Buxton, New(CDM), Bryson, New(LW), New(ST).

​RB, CB, CDM, RW, LW, ST need to be signed for the match day squad IMO. 

Wisdom loan/perm, Chalobah loan/perm, Ince perm, Knockaert perm, Bent perm I would go for. 

Can't think of any decent left sided CBs that would be realistic. Will check FM later.

Archived