Jason Shackell

North_Stand_Ram

If I remember correctly he played quiet a few games with Mark O'Brien and in those games O'Brien looked a calm decent player, but when O'Brien played without shackell he looked clumsy and careless. Maybe Shackell  at the back makes the other players at the back relax and do their job! Hopefully he could do the same for Albentosa. 

Fixed. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think albentosa and Shackell would be way too slow 

Or best pairing who knows. I hope you're not writing Raul off already? 

PistoldPete2

Yes please, can play left back or left cb, either will do. Sort that defence out Steve Mac. 

Assuming Shackell was the CB Nixon was on about

He said this is not the name he heard plus other CB is bit of experience and overall. 

Don't see it happening.. Derby fans clearly want him back and I think DET have picked up on that.. If Burnley and struggling to keep hold of there players after relegation wouldn't that imply that the players don't want to drop down a level again? So we would they sell to their promotion rivals? 

another one of those who is ten times a better Derby player since he left than what he actually was when he was here!

Not committed enough for me, didn't dominate enough and came across as a bit of a luxury showpony for me. There's a reason that someone of his obvious ability seems to have been a yo-yo player at best and never been wanted by an established Premier league team. Andy Todd had a premier league career ffs!

No thanks. Too old. Not vicious enough. Not brave enough. Has nicely organised hair though. I'd rather Keogh than Shackell. He was the best of a below average bunch when he was here and captained the team to what position? 18th was it? Maybe 14th, I don't know, but it was crap whatever!

another one of those who is ten times a better Derby player since he left than what he actually was when he was here!

Not committed enough for me, didn't dominate enough and came across as a bit of a luxury showpony for me. There's a reason that someone of his obvious ability seems to have been a yo-yo player at best and never been wanted by an established Premier league team. Andy Todd had a premier league career ffs!

No thanks. Too old. Not vicious enough. Not brave enough. Has nicely organised hair though. I'd rather Keogh than Shackell. He was the best of a below average bunch when he was here and captained the team to what position? 18th was it? Maybe 14th, I don't know, but it was crap whatever!

Thank god you're not our manager! Get him in!!!

Thank god you're not our manager! Get him in!!!

​Is that the best you can do? Do you think my opinions are wrong?

There are people on this forum saying DON'T sign Barton and giving his recent relegation with QPR as a reason, yet Jason (2 Prem seasons = 2 Prem relegations) Shackell is desperately needed?? How very confusing.

Someone who already failed at the club, and people want him back!

Archived