Radio Derby Live @ Derby Quad 6pm

Day

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive forgotten what is , is it just the radio derby lot, or is anyone from the club going to be there? I think I'll give it a listen anyway seen as there is nothing else going down at 6. Unless anyone wants to me at king georges park for a fight?!!!!

Hughes and Hendrick haven't improved since breaking into the team apparently :huh:

I can see why you'd say that for Hughes to be fair. His role in the side changed when McClaren and he went from being the main man/boy to a vital cog. Hughes the individual has improved though.

For Hendrick, he's always been a massive form player so I could also see why somebody would say he too hasn't improved. 

There was an Interesting debate on Captain 

Candidates: Keogh, Buxton, Thorne, Eustace, Grant

Keogh - a lot of people don't think it should be Keogh

Buxton - Will he be fit for every game

Thorne - too young... will he be fit also

Eusatce - won't play enough

Grant - Goalkeeper as captain not ideal.

New signing comes in as captain?? They mentioned Matt Oakley did it in 2006.

There was an Interesting debate on Captain 

Candidates: Keogh, Buxton, Thorne, Eustace, Grant

Keogh - a lot of people don't think it should be Keogh

Buxton - Will he be fit for every game

Thorne - too young... will he be fit also

Eusatce - won't play enough

Grant - Goalkeeper as captain not ideal.

New signing comes in as captain?? They mentioned Matt Oakley did it in 2006.

​Nobody mentioned Martin?

Who was representing the club ?

is someone  compiling a report 

​Nobody from the club, Owen Bradley, Craig Ramage, Steve Nicholson and Ed Dawes clocking up the miles running round with the microphone

Buxton is more of a captain than anyone in the squad, in the huddles pre-match its usually always him speaking. Thorne a future captain. Barker and Shackell were both good at it.

​They swap the player giving the talk after the next loss, like the match-day threads on here.

Hughes for me, epitomises our style of play, youth product and seems to be the one that talks the other young player through games, often seen chatting with Ibe during a game.

Wonder if Nicholson and the @rseholes on RD have got over not being so close to the club in recent times?

​Bit harsh, not sure what they've done to be called *********

​I'd say Radio Derby did a lot to ferment discontent among the (gullible) fans, continually pushing the Newcastle story for the sake of their ratings and to create a "story", when it should have been obvious to anyone with a brain cell that he'd never go there. Was really sick of their negativity and stirring by the end of the season.

I'd say Radio Derby did a lot to ferment discontent among the (gullible) fans, continually pushing the Newcastle story for the sake of their ratings and to create a "story", when it should have been obvious to anyone with a brain cell that he'd never go there. Was really sick of their negativity and stirring by the end of the season.

​To be fair the RD guys were being asked on Twitter all the time to question McClaren on the Newcastle link and with every tabloid article the demands increased.

If they ignored it they would be accused of not wanting to upset the club, McClaren or something daft. 

We don't really know what McClaren was thinking this whole time, and you could argue that McClaren could have ended these rumours with his 100% committed to Derby a lot earlier but didn't.  

Craig Rammage was a fully paid-up member of the 'MacClaren is going to Newcastle' club and by the last few matches was claiming this was the cause of our troubles,  " there's got to be something in it' . In the end the RD team are not professional enough. Owen Bradley just doesn't ask the right questions in his interviews with the manager , and seems frightened to raise difficult issues.

Mcclaren probably was going to newcastle. Its a bit of a coincidence that they asked him to manage them for the last 3 games isn't it.

but schteve made such an almighty balls up of the last 10 games that in the end, he had to stay.

Archived