Bent to be offered 4 year deal

I believe that Steve doesn't like the system he inherited of Martin holding it up for midfielders to make runs into the box. 

All managers are different and Mac is just not comfortable with what most of us think is our best system. We'll go more 442 next season. 

Its a shame because i really thought we were on to summat with our unique style. 

We'll assemble an expensive squad and probably go up, i'll celebrate as much as anyone but, deep down, i'll not be as orgasmic as if we'd done it with freebies, non-leaguers, cut-price Jocks and academy players.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that Steve doesn't like the system he inherited of Martin holding it up for midfielders to make runs into the box. 

All managers are different and Mac is just not comfortable with what most of us think is our best system. We'll go more 442 next season. 

Its a shame because i really thought we were on to summat with our unique style. 

We'll assemble an expensive squad and probably go up, i'll celebrate as much as anyone but, deep down, i'll not be as orgasmic as if we'd done it with freebies, non-leaguers, cut-price Jocks and academy players.

Sure I've read an article in the past saying Maclaren has always played 433, except his brief time at Forest where ffs was his preferred formation.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 4-2-3-1 formation with Bent and Martin in the middle, two attacking midfielders, and Thorne and Hughes at the base. 

​Definitely worth trying! Thorne and Hughes together could do the business.

Am i the only one who doesnt want us to sign him?

Obviously a good goal scorer/finisher (excpet for that awful penalty miss that cost us the play offs) but he cant play with Martin at all, and i would have Marint in there everytime instead of Bent.....and neither of them will be happy sitting on the bench...

Unless o course, Martin is going?

​I don't. Not on that deal. He's never really quite convinced in the prem for me and thats where i would want to see us playing for 3 out of those 4 years.

Surely with the lack of wingers we now have in our squad ot wouldake sense to play to our strengths , not compromising our style of play and passing game but to play more of a diamond formation 

Thorne/eustace

Hughes/dawkins.       Hendrick/bryson

Ince/russell

Martin.                     Bent 

If we go 4-4-2 then we  would need to completely overhaul the team.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 4-2-3-1 formation with Bent and Martin in the middle, two attacking midfielders, and Thorne and Hughes at the base. 

That's got my vote. With Thorne there Hughes go off doing his own thing.

Well, he does anyway apparently. Luckily he's quite good at knowing when to stick or twist.

It's no great change for Martin and he's put Bent in for 1v1's to my memory? Watford and Chesterfield. 

Hughes looked good at Wolves in that role. Excellent actually.

Fingers crossed. 

So much truth in this. Which is why everything was framed so perfectly for a romantic ending at Wembley last year. The underdogs vs the big spenders at QPR. This season hurt much more than last, because even though we failed both seasons, this season we started as favorites and went out on such a whimper.

Archived