Bent to be offered 4 year deal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bents penalty miss put three goals into our own net and cost us a playoff place. Also his penalty miss in the last game of the season was the reason we had a two month decline falling from 1st to 8th. Christ some **** is posted on here!

Any championship team would take Bent on a FREE if his wages are reasonable. A very good asset to have and a proven goal scorer. We have a full pre season to work on tactics and possibly get him and Martin in the same side.

If he does sign then I could maybe see us playing a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him and martin, with martin playing just behind him with thorne and hughes sitting in CM roles - giving us hopefully the right balance defensively and attacking

Maybe/maybe not. 

My only concern is that if Martin is fit all season and MaClaren plays the same system then Bent would sit on the bench all the time. I dont want the large wages he would get been used if it stops us getting quality defenders in.

If money is no option then yes he would be a good sub or maybe start in a plan B if there ever is one.

I think this is only a good deal if we can fit Martin and Bent into the same team for the majority of our games (when both fit).  If he is on the bench behind Martin this money could and should be spent elsewhere - and I am a fan of what he did for us at the end of this season.

Not sure about this. 

Was useless v Reading and doesn't fit the system.

Its a no from me.

this post sponsored by www.bent.com - the Uk leader in gay shopping.

Everyone goes on about a Plan B, then we try to sign a striker who is almost the precise opposite to Chris Martin and offers something different, and some fans still don't want to sign him?

​Bent is far too expensive to be a Plan B, and I highly doubt he'll be happy in that role in the long term. I just worry that we'll change the system to accommodate Bent and I think that would be a disaster.

So as everyone else. 

So would you give a 31 year old who didn't provide the required quality, a new 4 year contract?

he isn't going to get better.

I want to see Chris Martin up top, not dropped off like when he came on vs Reading. If signing Bent means we go 2 up top then fine, but I'm concerned. Like Ince, we got goals from Bent but the team pattern suffered. In any case, I'd be amazed if he didn't pick up a contract with a promoted club or bottom 6 outfit from the Prem.

Archived